xfish

fitting Tibbie ignition lock from XG into XF (and XD/XE)

Hey Guys,

Is there anywhere in Australia the sells the XG Colum lock, where the barrel goes into.? I found plenty of new replacement barrels, but cant locate the Colum lock. I find the tibbe key works better than the standard XF key, and barrel. I phoned all local ford shops here in WA, and they are no longer stocked. Any idea's anyone?

They were originally made by Bosch Australia.

You may find that an autoparts place could order one in for you maybe?

An XG/XH tibbe lock barrel, should fit in the XF ignition lock assy - or doesn't it fit?

Sorry but it doesn't fit perfectly. The whole assembly will fit an XF perfectly but Daves question was will the Tibbe barrel fit the XF assembly. 

Sorry but it doesn't fit perfectly. The whole assembly will fit an XF perfectly

By whole assembly you mean the barrel and steering lock together right? The whole part that clamps around the steering column?

Just curious, that would be a good way to improve security I imagine.

Don't suppose that the door locks fit though?

they are different on the doors, i was oneday going to see if the XG/XH ute/pano spare wheel lock would work? as i had a feeling they are same as the XD-XF door locks.. needs investigationing one day.

you could fit XG/XH doors, but they are rarer and would need to fit the striker too which mounts a bit different.

they are different on the doors, i was oneday going to see if the XG/XH ute/pano spare wheel lock would work? as i had a feeling they are same as the XD-XF door locks.. needs investigationing one day.

you could fit XG/XH doors, but they are rarer and would need to fit the striker too which mounts a bit different.

XH uses a winch to hold the spare tyre in place, XG spare wheel door lock is like the XA-XF, just a door lock, cant remember if its a left or right hand one??

XH uses a winch to hold the spare tyre in place, XG spare wheel door lock is like the XA-XF, just a door lock, cant remember if its a left or right hand one??

i thought left and right door locks are same? just swap over the doover thingy..

the XG spare wheel lock should work then? what are the pano barn door locks like? if same, could get enough for 2 doors and ign with same key

Barn doors have there own lock and key. Spare wheel lock is the door lock so it uses the door/ignition key.

XG uses the E series style key.

But the mechanism that bolts to the spare wheel door i would think that'll be the same from XA-XG.

So it could be adaptable to a door, but then you'll never get two locks the same, and as you mentioned the spare wheel door is only left or right, not both.

EDIT: Just checked, is a passenger lock.

Cheers mate, couldnt remember what side lock it was, i had to replace mine when i bought my XF.

Cheers mate, couldnt remember what side lock it was, i had to replace mine when i bought my XF.

are you sure the locks are different left and right? i swapped mine over when the drivers one got butchered(by Me) the circlip comes off and swap the lever over from memory.

By whole assembly you mean the barrel and steering lock together right? The whole part that clamps around the steering column?

Just curious, that would be a good way to improve security I imagine.

Yes, the whole assembly. You have to cut a wire harness off the steering lock of the XG, but everything else bolts up the same. Looks cleaner,.....i've had a few people not belive me that they fitted. Got a few cartons that way....