dizzy616

identify this cam

g'day i just bought a nice 2nd hand cam. but i am having trouble indentifying what it is. the parts number on it is crow 325 208d. also has these numbers down the side 94 da 62 50 ab. and down the other side W qq qq qq. any idea on what it is im having trouble finding any info about it?

Could also mean EL if they didn't change between EF/EL.

The 94 means it was first implemented in that year, not made in that year.

For example the backing of an XF dash pad (once you remove the top) says 78DA because that's when they introduced it.

True that, that 78DA part number is the same from XD. Ford do lots of little shit, like use the same leaf spring pads, shackle's and rubbers from XR-XT in the current FG. I bought a speedo gear from a dealer and its still got the XE part number on it lol.

man mate and i looked through the cams and the number doesn't seem to exist. not even in custom grinds, i am aware of 94da being a ford thing just threw it up to help identify. as didn't know what the 62 50 ab bit meant after the 94 da. im at the point might shim the rockers to suit and then just throw it in see what it does. hopefully it will go faster hahah

Yep its a regrind, that means the base circle will be smaller by however much the extra lift over stock they ground into that cam... so you will need to shim the lash adjusters by the equivalent amount. I have a very similar cam, couldnt find specs on it anywhere either but measuring it it has 0.035" more lift in the intake than the EF XR6 cam and 0.010" more lift in the exhaust, cant measure duration or lobe sep but.

got specs . the lady at crow love these cams. said she had one in her ea. pointed out it was a dodgy stamping on those cams. its actually 825 and as i looked at it harder i could see that. it sounds perfect for the job. from the way how they described it.
sorry if the info sounds a bit messy but you should get what im saying hopefully. i was quickly jotting it down while she was saying the specs. said it should be fine with xr6 springs and the gear its allready got. as i have xr head
measured 75
196 inlet + exhaust, advertized duration 264 inlet + exhaust
lifter 489
lobe seperation 113