Sign in to follow this  
Ecksef

E Series Cluster into XF

Howdy all..

Has anyone here successfully ran an E series cluster in an X series?

I know it's been done before, with the easiest way being to make an 'adaptor'.

I pulled internal plugs from shitty XF cluster, and used the plugs and about 20cm of wire from an XH.

I've matched up wires as best as I can using E series and XF diagrams but I just can't get it to work.

I know it's been done, just wondering if someone can help me with this one?

TIA,

Cheers,

-Nate.

That'd be cool as fuck.

I want to run a high series (mont/lane) EF EL cluster.

The wiring is just giving me the shits!

I saw a fella from xfalcon

"Evilxf" I think his name was. Real name Damian. He put an au dash pod and cluster in his project xf and it looked sweet. Maybe you could try to contact him for some help mate.

Howdy all..

Has anyone here successfully ran an E series cluster in an X series?

I know it's been done before, with the easiest way being to make an 'adaptor'.

I pulled internal plugs from shitty XF cluster, and used the plugs and about 20cm of wire from an XH.

I've matched up wires as best as I can using E series and XF diagrams but I just can't get it to work.

I know it's been done, just wondering if someone can help me with this one?

TIA,

Cheers,

-Nate.

i've done it, the fuel guage is usually the only thing that wont work without mods.(providing you have wired it correctly)

i'm pretty sure i still have a full conversion stored at My mates place that i'd sell.   its the EA S pack cluster(or XG S pack) with XG mount, facia and adaptor loom.(i modded the Fuel guage so its plug and play into XF non ghia dash)

what issues do you have? i put diagrams on one of the forums once link here to one thread http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39634-ed-fairmont-instrument-cluster-into-xf/

i dont check in the forums that often lately, but will reply when i get time.

Followed yours relatively closely, however early e series wiring is different to EF EL wiring.

you might be able to find wiring diagrams on fordmods forum but i have a feeling they weren't 100% when i did mine anyway.

i have a feeling the EF/EL use a different setup entirely and rely on the ECU? (From what i was told once... i never needed to know so didnt care to check.)

if you are using an EF loom? why not consider an XH cluster and surround... assuming it still fits the XF dash?

I'm putting in an au 4.0 with ECU, so what sender wires need to be run to dash will be ran through when I pull the dash out. It's just stuff like illumination, signals etc. I'm not expecting things like fuel, speed and tacho to work until the ECU is setup and appropriate wires are ran through