XHXR6

Floor wet after wash, Dripping near brake pedal and handbrake bracket

If I read your install thread backwards it should be like instructions for removal haha ;)

Lol, that should work well mate.

I'll finish the repair to the vent and start putting the dash in tomorrow mate, that way you can get stuck in.

I'll put it up on this thread as it looks as though it'll help out a few others.

It's the least I can do, considering all the help I've got from this forum myself...

Jay.

Entire dash as a whole is easy, screws under the windscreen (behind black trim), unbolt steering column, bolt at each side of dash behind kickpanels, and I think two in the middle under the center section on the trans tunnel.

That's exactly it, Polson helped me out with this info when I pulled mine out, he certainly knows what he's talking about.

I recommend taking his info anyday!

I should have some pics for you to check out sometime during the day...

It is really easy, toughest part of the job I found, was getting the screws on the leading edge under the windscreen.

I used a 450mm long Phillips head screwdriver to pull them out with the windscreen in place.

Just make sure you pull all the bolts out because the little plastic tabs that hold it to the shell will break very easily.

I haven't got to installing mine yet, haven't had the time.

I'll get around to it soon with a bit of luck.

Ok im trying to pull my dash out right now, how do I drop the handbrake? Ive undone the nut on the bracket that screws up to the dash and its still not letting the dash out. It seems to be attatched at the front where the handbrake handle is...

Anyone? Help???

Washed the car today, Ran a fair amount of water down the plenum, No leaks. Go to wash the roof, water runs down the windscreen, The leak starts to appear. So hopefully it's the windscreen that's causing the issue. 

Does yours have a sunroof?

The obvious drains on passenger side are plenum & sunroof if fitted.

Leaking front windscreen or door seals?

Put the hose in the plenum only and check if water appears, if not then it's probably the windscreen seal.

BINGO! posts 7 & 8

That's good you found it. Hopefully it's just the seal & nothing nastier!! Like rust.

BINGO! posts 7 & 8

That's good you found it. Hopefully it's just the seal & nothing nastier!! Like rust.

I hope so too!, It wouldn't surprise me though, The original owners had it sitting outside exposed to the weather for a year (Probably has never had a wash until I got it either)! which left a fair share of scars on the car. 

Whoa ! Stop. Dont remove the dash yet......If in fact the windscreen is leaking..Just Throw some more silastic ( Just to test, but remove later )( Remove the chrome bits ), and bulk it up and let it dry for 24 hours and hose it down.....But in the mean time , pull the plenum cover + both window wipers out completely, and stick ya phone/camera in there and take photo's at all angles, and see if there is any rust.

I had water pissing in on my XF drivers foot on heavy rain days, and i thought it was rust also. So I pulled my drivers seat out, and got my boy to wash the windscreen and i sat and watched where the water was coming out. Ya wouldnt believe it.....I found that the drain holes were filled with gunk, and since i had my harness  hidden under the mudguard, the water would follow the wires ( through the fire wall ) and drop on my foot.