Sign in to follow this  
scottly

power steering pump help for cleveland engines

I was going to but I may not now cause of the black fittings, probably look at matching the body colour when I get it resprayed

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I dont know, black would look good for the block and an alloy timing cover and pump with the black brackets and pulleys would look shit hot.

Your probably right specially with the alloy to break it up, it's something to think about when it's ready for paint

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

hey guys thought i would jump in on this.

Im putting a 351 clevo in a 83ltd that had a efi250 and im trying to work out what to do with the power steering.

both the lines in the 351 and the 250 are split so need a new one regardless. but i have two different pumps. the plastic backing one from the clevo and the steel one from the 250.

i want to use the 250's pump as its a better design than the plastic one but trying to work out what line to use. 

If i keep the 250's line then it sits on the headers and will cause issue's but the v8 power steering line has a bend in it and does not look like it will fit in the steel pump.

Those who are using the steel pump can you please advise what line you are using and some pics of it would be great

Thanks in advance

I have got steel tuning lines for both of mine that run down to the engine mount and cross the cross member and up pass the drivers side engine mount and up to the box. 

XES ( Pete ) made them up for.

Ill try and find the photos later tonight for you.

Yeah you can get the 250 lines modified to suit the v8 pump setups. I've done mine and Hendrixhc and a couple of others through work. Its part of my work at enzed.

yeah the line i have bolts to the engine mount and goes across to the box from underneath. but if i plug it into the pump it hits the headers so need to bend the pipe down or something to give it clearance. ill be heat wraping the headers anyway but still good to have it out of the way