Sign in to follow this  
PRO250

2v vs 4v clevo alloy heads

Hey guys

so my utes still in bits and i can never make up my mind what i want to do, ive been pondering for a while what to do, ive never liked its engine this is my chance to bin the whole thing and build somthing i want

so the engine out of my drag corty is going in the ute and im building a nice alloy head 351 fo my corty

now brings the questions in a drag engine would 4vs be better then 2vs? 

my corty allready has monsta 2inch off the port 4into ones 4k stall and short gears so maybe a engine that can rev may make it better

cars in the high 11s at 118 now as it is and if im spending i want a easy 10second time slip and 125mph + mind you this is a street car and must run pump fuel and the odd trip to the shops must be doable (not been on the road for a while now) LOL

so input peoples what the better parth to choose? the heads will be afds cause his names dave :D 

Never was lucky enough to have alloy clevo heads when I was playing with em so I'm interested in this as well.I know what I would do but that doesn't mean it will suit what you want either.Be good to hear from people who have used em...

this can all be done off the shelf.... dion ran 10.75 in his XD with an off the shelf combo almost identical to this

AFD 2vs

AFD intake

Comp 308R (could even step down to the 288R in the corty and run well into the 10s)

11:1 comp

would shit in 10s in a cortina.

just get stall & gearing to suit new motor....

I built a 408ci with some std afd 2v heads and a comp 288 roller 11.4 comp and it went quite well on pump on the street in an xd falcon.

It was very tame and crisp. If this basic combo don't get you 10s you've done somthing wrong.

The guy I built the engine for already had the cam kit but if I did it again is go a split cam. I had a few hickups dialing this cam in as the manufacturer had put the dowl pin in the cam in the wrong hole LOL.