Sign in to follow this  
Tyler06

Gaskets and Bearings for Hot crossy

Hi all,

So i just realised ACL went under. I have only ever used ACL Race series gaskets and bearings. What is everyone else using and where do you get them from? I want good quality... 

Cheers Chris

I used chev ACL bearings and old style Permaseal head gaskets where possible.Get 1 for a iron head engine and stamp the dowels to suit the alloy head engine.Best head gasket around imo...

Bearings well they dont need to be race series they need to fit more importantly.Sainty's nitro fuel car uses clevite bearings if that helps.

my two cents worth - king bearings, normal series NOT their race series - they are way too hard and will hurt the crank.  I've used their normal series for many years now in methanol motors and they hold up much better than the old ACL race series stuff.

as for head gaskets - I just put a Durapro one on Jason's 11.8:1 methanol motor and I was very happy with the look and the quality so far.  Having said that I have seen a gasket from Supercheap go on a 14:1 methanol x-flow when the copper head gasket that was on the engine failed (as usual).  As it was a Qld title and the car had to be fixed and the supercrap gasket was the only one available.  no name gasket worked a treat and to the best of my knowledge it is still on the car today. 

I love King bearings - they are made in Israel and we all know how good the metallurgy is.....

I might have to give these Permaseal a go.  I've got one ACL race series gasket set left , but the roller cam motor will be getting that. 

Don't mean to hijack, there is a mob in QLD who sell on Ebay. They do a MLS head gasket for xflows, I was thinking of going this way for my turbo motor but at $380 they are expensive. Is this overkill or will a permaseal do the trick ?

Ask Webby what he uses and I'd suggest it is stock and hasn't blown with some boost up it.A MLS yes is better than stock style for sure and really $380 for piece of mind is a small small price to protect it but I just don't know if there needed TBH? 

LOL rob 

The headgasket on the white car was permaseal as duckboy said. it held down 18psi no issues for about 20.000kmn would have lasted longer had i not pushed it to 23psi and even then it was a piston ring that died not the gasket 

stock suff seems good enough for a boosted engine under 250 killerwasps. over that i dont know not been up there yet. ive looked at the big buck one your talking about and i dont think ill use one only based on price. Ill see it i can push 20psi into a stock one if it fails ill upgrade. It only takes me 3hours to pull the topend on my engine so not a big job.

Ive tryed a few diffrent headgaskets over the years with no real issues i do like those red ones robs talking about i got like 50vrs sets with those head gaskets in them, there very good im running one on beacons NOS engine have one on the blown engine and my shitter solid cam engine all holding up but never used either LOL turbo corty runs a copper shim but i dont know i did not build that must be why its shit LOL