Clevo120Y

Street Stock Speedway

Yeah at mount barker Campo, they wet the track down before the modified hot laps and it was an ice rink, one modified hit the wall pretty hard in the hot laps and wrote the arse end off, then it pissed down as the stockies went out.

Ando and Gerg you are spot on, these fast guys aren't exactly playing by the rules, resistors in the wiring looms to alter sensor signals to the ecu and so on, but I don't whinge about it just have to go faster LOL. Oh well I have another plan anyway, just have to be more discrete about it :)

I certainly don't want to cheat to win but I believe that rules are there to push and sometimes it's in the interpretation, the rules for the aircleaner state a passenger car style aircleaner housing is to be used and must retain the internal filter, doesn't say that I can't modify that housing :)

It's only cheating if you whinge when you get caught. 

Anything else is just your interpretation of the rule book.  And no Clevo - no where there does it say you can't modify it - not even the usual - must remain 'visually standard'. 

Keep pushing my friend - need to keep those rule makers in a job. 

well it's nice and clear now LOL.

Anyway I'm not there so following the results online, heat 1 4th, heat 2 2nd, heat 3 10th (trying to find out what happened there) and another heat to come so we will see whats happens.

got a message saying that the air/fuel is 11 to 1 so too rich and costing us power but nothing I can do about it until next round here in Albany. Spewing even more now that Barker got rained out because I could of changed jets and sorted it out at that round to get it spot on for the titles, doesn't matter now he is having a good time.

Disregard the above the finishing positions as they were the starting positions hahahahaha.

heat 1 9th, heat 2 3rd, heat 3 1st BABY LOL.  First ever heat win and shes coming on strong at the right time.

He didn't make practise yesterday so the first heat was his first time out for the titles so I can forgive the 9th hahahaha. So fucking pumped right now, had his wife ringing me all excited, spewing I'm not there now for the first win but super excited for the Wombat :)

So the points have been added up for the heats to determine the main races tomorrow. We are in 12th overall so far and that means we start in the "A" main final, brilliant as last time he went to state titles he ran last in the "C" main, massive jump in performance and Wombat is driving like a champ!!!

OK I think there is 1 more heat tomorrow then the finals, so we are in 12th so far but that may change depending on the heat races tommoz, very confusing when your all pumped up hahahaha. I will let you guys know the final result tomorrow.

Great stuff bud - Just need to get that start in the a main - a top 3 finish in the last heat should secure that.  If not it's a fight thru the B main and that can be real hard on the car.

Tell him to relax in that last heat and to not grab the steering wheel too hard.  relax breath and stay out of trouble.

A mid pack start in the A main is a good thing in my opinion.  stay out of the first corner melee and set the car to come on strong at the end. 

Betcha he is stoked about the first heat win - It is an awesome feeling that is for sure - many more to come by the sounds.  

Cheers Tony, yeah he was pumped with his first win.

Wombat is now the 13th fastest street stock car in WA!!!!! As far as I know the fastest Carby car in the state!!! 

I only got a quick message telling me the result and that he had hit the wall and raced with a fair bit of front end damage, still finished on the lead lap in the 35 lap final. Also found out he didn't get a chance to change the diff ratio so the crossy sat on 5500+ for 35 laps hahahaha She loved it LOL. 

More to come from this car next season and also thanks to the guys on here that have given me invaluable advice. Cheers.

Good to hear and a great result just to get into the feature and battle on with damage.  Well done - you guys should be proud - especially if he was the fastest carby cay. 

Poor engine tho 5500 for 35 laps plus - time to check valve spring tensions and throw a set of rod bolts at it.  lol. 

Hi clevo120y great work on manifold and carby. Are you interested in doing anymore ??? Not many people do much with carby cars anymore it's also for a speedway car.

Cheers Tony, very happy with the results and the engine is still going strong ready for the next meet here in Albany, some more tuning and hopefully the diff gets changed. The engine will be pulled down at the end of the season and checked, this engine is only about 5 meets old and we have gone from mid/back of the pack to up the front so yeah quite proud of that achievement. Cheers

Speed sent you a PM and thanks mate.

Well there has been a couple of meets since the state titles and the car is still going strong, I finally got to play with the tune on the weekend. Set up the Go pro so I could watch what the fuel ratio was doing on full throttle, learnt a few things with the footage, first it gets reved to 6000 quite often LOL, second the full throttle ratio's were in the 10's so way too rich so I made jet adjustments over a couple of heats and in the final the ratio was sitting mid 12's so getting closer, also ran 3rd in the final and 4th overall for the day in the mount barker open championship so a good day. Final thing I learnt from the footage is that Speedway is awesome!!!! what a great sport. 

Careful now Clevo - you are sounding very close to a speedway addiction and I must advise that speedway addictions can really hurt the bank balance - Oh but the fun.....

See that is I why I love the GoPro as a tuning tool as they give you a sense of what is going on in the car in a greater dimension than any data logger can provide. 

6000 rpm often - Nice.  took mine out to practice last Saturday and hit recall after every session - 6800.  Kind of explains why the boys were reporting a miss right up high - the bloody limiter is set at 6600. 

Good to see it is still holding it's own.  How is the suspension tuning going??