Sign in to follow this  
LJDB

4 barrel manifolds on eBay

Has anyone heard of procarb Australia. I recently seen there manifold for crossflows on eBay. It looks like a copy of a redline manifold. They are priced slightly under an Aussie speed. Does anyone know anything bout them?

Yep there priced under Aussiespeed cos there not as good and there castings are hit and miss kind of affair...from reports not my own dealings.

But,my old A0016 Aussiespeed was a awesome bit of kit and well worth the money TBH.

yeah for alittle extra people would be stupid not to get a aussiespeed. still spewing i didnt have the funds at the time for your intake setup slydog.

You never will unless you just make a solid decision to go that way...I was the same bruz and it is a big step that requires a fair amount of money if we are been honest.4 barrel to me ='s 650 DP atleast,solid cam,not really a daily driver,high stall,big gears,bigger ignition,big pipes,big exhaust cos anything less is just playing.Every time I drove my 4 barrel xflow it had to beat a real V8 not a 253 VB commy or now I could if I didn't see anything worth the risk.

No pint puttin go fast stuff on it if it doesn't go fast anyway,but thats the beauty of the xflow it can and doe's go fast with the right mod's.

Save save save and get stuff as you go and put it all together in one hit and watch it surprise you.

Please ask if you want need and help bro.

My cortys getting painted atm so i plan on getting a bigger stick an 4 barrel for it while its at the shop. She already goes good just looking to go the next step. It's a 250, acl bottom end, mild ported early alloy head, rollers, 10.3:1 comp, 230@50 cam, TFI Msd street fire and coil, 500 Holley. 4 speed with 3.7's.

so i got my hands on a redline 4 barrel manifold and carb. the guy said the carb was a 465 but when i looked up the number 81570 on holley it came up with 570 street avenger sec vac. the guy had it on his xf speedway car and went back to a 2 barrel setup. so my questions are, are theses carbys anygood, anyone got any rough jetting specs to get me started(i havent stripped it yet to have alook whats in it). its got a 1inch spacer under the carby should i keep it on and am i gonna have clearance issues with the bonnet (te cortina). any tips or tricks i should do or im gonna have to do to make it all work well.

If you're bolting a 4-barrel on, you're not going for economy... Am I right? I should imagine that you'd need something like 64/70 jetting, the reason why so big is that smaller motors don't pull enough fuel through the boosters with standard jetting. Use the lightest secondary spring (white) to get them to open. They probably come with a yellow or purple. Slydog will tell you to turn the carby around 90 degrees so the barrels feed the ports evenly. I think it's well worth the effort of re-drilling the bolt holes and re-routing the cable to suit. Run the spacer if you can fit it. I'd run a 4-hole rather than an open one but I like torque. 570 is pretty big even for a moderately worked engine. You'd have to have it screaming pretty hard before that became your limitation.

570 is just a hotted up 465 with a rear metering plate and will work well on even a stock engine

start with 65 jets and 70s in the rear and go from there this will be on the ritch side but is a good starting point

1 inch spacers pushing it on a sporty corty but with a small cleaner it may work

so i pulled the carby down and cleaned everything up. the jetting was all over the place, staggered and drilled out jets. he must have mainly drove it on the primaries as it was jetted bigger than the secondarys. the manifold as also been cleaned up alittle at the start of the ports.

it will be afew weeks before i can fit it to the car so what should i expect, it currently has a 500 2 barrel. 

so i pulled the carby down and cleaned everything up. the jetting was all over the place, staggered and drilled out jets. he must have mainly drove it on the primaries as it was jetted bigger than the secondarys. the manifold as also been cleaned up alittle at the start of the ports.

it will be afew weeks before i can fit it to the car so what should i expect, it currently has a 500 2 barrel. 

Wow what a fucking mess. Hope it's not too worn out or corroded inside.

Hope you've got access to new jets, might be worth your while to get a jet kit. I know it's half full of shitty little ones that you'll never use, but with the ones that you can use it still works out much cheaper than buying individual pairs. You could start with the sizes we suggested and go from there.