Sign in to follow this  
78xcgxl

Please Help: Fuel problems on 4.0L AU motor into XC Falcon

Hi guys i'm in need of  help.

As some of you may know, who follow my thread, i'm doing the 4.0L conversion to a XC Falcon. So far the conversion has been going quite smoothly but however we have run into a problem, that none of use can figure out.

First off the car has spark and when we sprayed a bit of aerostart down the throttle body and it started and died so the problem is a fuel or a wiring one.

We have checked all the fuel lines, tried several pumps even a EL( one so the correct pressure was had and what not)

, even connected it direct to the fuel rail with no success.

The injectors do have power at both wires on each injector when the ignition is on the start position but don't appear to be pulsing when the engine is being cranked over. If i use the test light on injector wires with the key on then they "click" and inject when i touch with the test light, but they don't seem to work when i try to start the car.

The other problem that could be the cause is the fuel regulator but we find this strange to be the case as the engine was running a week ago when it was pulled out of the AU

Another possible problem is because i cleaned the engine( pressure washer, degreaser etc) could it be possible that the water may have disturbed the cam sensor because Injector pulse is controlled by cam sensor and ECU??

Finally another option i could think of is something i've stuffed up with the wiring.

Any help, advice or ideas will be greatly appreciated,i mean anything, i really want it to be running tomorrow, it is doing my head in.

Cheers Giovanni

Was it auto and now manual? Might be related

Apart from that if this is in your test car is the fuel pick up ok? Not blocked etc.

Apart from those things id pick electrical or sensor related

The Au was an auto to begin with and now is a manual. The ecu was however converted to a manual one via a J3 Chip. I but i dunno could be a possible issue. I connected the pump directly to the fuel rail so that should eliminate any pick up issues or blocked fuel lines.

Check your wiring to the crank trigger and cam position sensor, I have seen two that the only thing stopping them earthing out was the dirt on them, if the wires arent laying properly when that little tin bracket is installed it can nick/ slice the wires

All sorted today after spending lots of time and headaches, changing fuel rails, mucking around with heaps of different pumps, the car started and ran, thank god! All due to a dodgy fuel regulator and looks like my wiring is all good! Not bad for a 17 year old with no real electrical experience to wire up a fuel injected AU motor into a XC Falcon :)

Sure was mate, took 2 days to work out the problem, was driving us crazy over something so simple! It's an awesome conversion, nice power upgrade, efficient and practical. Thank god the hardest part is over!

Here is a vid of it's first proper start up. Happy days

th_IMG_1725_zpsfc1717c3.jpg