xdwagooon

clevo in to xf

hey guys just wondering what anyone has done for gearbox mount/brackets in to xf as its only got the one lot of holes there... thinking about either just making a new swanky crossmember or just extending the original one out? and opinions?

also with the engine mounts get a die grinder or dremel, and grind out the engine mount holes 1 inch to the front ,then grind out the engine mount plates to the rear of there holes on inch to the rear ,this will give you heater hose clearance

also die grind out the gear box xmember holes as well ,this is how i did my last xf 351,c4 auto ,then fitted bigger washers to the xmember nuts ,

yeah but its trying to get hold of a t5 crossmember that's the issue.... I can just make something similar :) motors already in now otherwise id have considered moving the mounts forward a bit

I like the slotting holes idea. I'd prefer to try and keep my a/c working if my clevo goes into my FE. The engineer I spoke to was aware of the clearence issue. Will he know or even care about the slotted holes? I'm in Vic so things might be different this end of the world.

well as its not exactly going anywhere near the licensing dept anytime soon ive used my original xd v8 crossmember and errr modified the xf body mounts to make her all fit as the headers I have have to sit pretty high up and were fouling on the body mounts so job sorted :)

the xf 6cyl mounts are in way too far, the xds sit towards the outside of the car a good 6 inches or more so plenty to fit the 3.5inch collectors in with the factory crossmember that's already notched for the exhaust :) just takes a lil creative engineering to make do and best thing is theres a little hole in each side in pretty much the right spot to just start opening up with a die grinder working forwards to give you  bit of a slotted hole for the bolts to go through just its on a bit of an angle so a bit of a wedged spacer should seal that up nicely :)