Sign in to follow this  
Troy Christopher Quigley

Fans

make mounts to mount them ,by thermostatically controlled switch to screw into the block,wire through a relay,im sure super cheap does wiring kits for 50bucks,

also run an internal switch so u can over ride the  thermostatically controlled switch, if you get caught in traffic and want them on all the time,

also keep in mind these puppies draw a lot of juice so use a good quality switch

i fitted them to my old ea with a 351 clevo init and until i spent good money on a good switch i always had dramas with them, 

Probably a good idea to replace your alternator with a higher amp one unless its already good, otherwise having them on will drain your battery faster than the alt can recharge.

Wiring is pretty simple, basically as revhead said.

VPW do a really good kit for abour $42 plus postage. Comes with everything (minus the fans) i got a kit that can control my EF thermos for my ZL 4L conversion. It also controls each fan seperatly. Super easy setup with instructions.

There site is www.vpw.com.au

If your alternator is only a stocker 35 or 45 amp one, it would be marginal to run 2 fans flat out for a long period. I'm running a stock alternator in my 302 and i'm running those EF fans too. I've wired mine in series so they run at half speed and so draw half the power.

So far it hasn't cooked in traffic, but if you've got A/C that's a different story. I'd definitely run a relay for the fans in any case.