Clevo120Y

Modified inlet manifold

I'd love to send my A0016 over bro but till I get a spare that can't happen unfortunately.I know Jase use to move his carb closer to the head mounting side on the Cain/Redline style units for a even plug colour burn which worked for him.But like everything I belive there is gains to be had in the A0016 with some tweaks to suit my combo.The base unit carves the Cain/Redline unit over 5000ish revs but by how much and if it could be improved is unknown.

Ideally I'd spin it around east/west style with the primary's on the shock tower side and square jet the carb first off then work on the rest.But the 1 thing I have found 4 barrel xflows seem to like is a mountain of carby spacers,no less than 2" but can't tell ya if it's the same for Methanol.Sorry dude brain is spinning ATM and just had to get it out as I have a skid party coming up in Easter and I reckon I'll bang a slapper xflow together for it using my old 4 barrel and A0016 on Methanol...just need a car to do it to now seeing as the ute will be too pretty now :)    

Never to pretty to skid - especially when you could fit some au 16's and they would tuck right in. 

Clevo I'll send a manifold down once I get my stuff together.  Just waiting for the other new one to arrive and then I'll be out playing. 

Well my first plan to fill the voids was to do this,

SAM_2951_zpsb748cd94.jpg

But that was a big FAIL, the cast alloy and ally sheet don't like to be welded together when the sheet is so thin, if the ally sheet was nice and thick it could be done, so I just filled the whole void with filler rod instead, here is a pic of it filled and roughing out the shape, after the pic I filled the little bits left over and cleaned up the inside of the runners again.

SAM_2954_zps90dbefc1.jpg

Now I have mounted the sections to a head ready to weld the sections together, after I have done that I will blend everything all nice into the runner sections and then start the middle section/plenum, I don't work weekends so Monday I will get back into it.

SAM_2955_zps9275cbe6.jpg

One method I have used to achieve the "as cast" look is to grind the surface smooth the use a very low grit sand paper and hammer it over the surface many different ways untill ti looks like a legit factory part, a second method I have used (but doesn't work as well) is to use crinkle black paint as a primer then rough it up (again using a low grit sand paper) and paint with the closest colour you can find to match aluminium in its raw state

Not the crossflow manifold but here is an ecotech manifold I've been working on, picked up over 4% of flow through out the lift range, this manifold is to suit a stock headed mild cam ecotech engine, it will make good gains right across the rev range. Just need to sell it now LOL.

SAM_2966_zps3aa3eafb.jpg

SAM_2971_zps2fa42e66.jpg

SAM_2978_zpseef58e3f.jpg