Ando81

Ed diff into xf

Ok then so you've probably got the opposite of what you need then.  You need the male end to be the bigger 10x1 and the smaller side to be the 3/8 x 24 with the inverted seat.  You haven't take the old diff out yet then I'm tipping.  When you do check what seat it on it.  Is it an inny our an outie...lol

Ha ha nah don't have the diff out as yet, pretty sure that's right that I've got the opposite if what I need. Might have to try some other brake places to see if I can get the adapter or get the caliper line ends changed to suit the xf tee.

From what I've found out off the ends on the hoses you shouldn't need an adapter in an xf as they are both 10x1 with a bubble flare. It should screw sraight up. Xd and xe have the 3/8X24 imperial thread. Have a look at the end thats is on the car. It shoyld be the same as the one that you have of the ed.

Mine fitted straight up...no adapter Xf ute to ED wagon diff...twice now...LOL

From what I've found out off the ends on the hoses you shouldn't need an adapter in an xf as they are both 10x1 with a bubble flare. It should screw sraight up. Xd and xe have the 3/8X24 imperial thread. Have a look at the end thats is on the car. It shoyld be the same as the one that you have of the ed.

Mine fitted straight up...no adapter Xf ute to ED wagon diff...twice now...LOL

Cheers sly, got an ef diff to go into my ute so I might see how that goes down the track a bit.

No worries.  If you get it from their most of enzeds brake stuff is from brakequip.  The part number is BQ49

http://www.brakequip.com/products/automotive-fittings/male-to-female-thread-adapters

Ended up getting one from the local abs store, they said the mf part number wasn't on their computer but I told them the size that I needed and it was in stock, got one for my sedan and one for my ute conversion later in the year. Seems to be a good fit in the diff end and hopefully on the weekend I can get it in the car. Thanks again for the help buddy.

No worries at all. Have fun changing it over. It not too hard. I did it in my xe a few months ago. New diff ratios was the thing I enjoyed the most. And disc brakes...

Wasn't a bad job to do, my dear old dad gave me a hand and made it easier, just wheeled out the old diff and wheeled the new one in. Wow the 3:23 gears feel like it has given it extra ponies for sure. They must just suit the 5 speed better. Only problem was that the studs were about 10mm too long for my mags to bolt on tight, had to use some s pack type open ended nuts. Dunno if I should turn down the end of the studs to make them shorter or just get deeper nuts. Other than that it was a simple 2.5 hr job, with a couple of beers in between of course

hey guys im gathering parts to do this conversion, just curios if the lower trailing arms from an ef wagon would be the same as an ed sedan ? (diff is 3.27 lsd out of an ed xr8)

^^^^ just advertise it for someone to use in a ute mate. Everyone loves putting the better gear ratios in xd xe xf utes that come from e series falcons. If you were a month earlier I would have bought it for my xf ute.

Even try a enzed or pirtek if there is one near you.  I work at Enzed in ballarat and we stock them parts.

Hi XES, Do you have the ENZED Part No. for this adapter please ?????

Hi Ando81

The BQ49 is a BrakeQuip Part No and doesn't register on the Enzed parts list, I'm ment to believe ABS Part No is MF 121-10-03 but once again not in there part list.

Will try asking them with that description.

Thanks heaps

Yeah its a brakquip part. Surely if thet deal with brakquup they can get it or at least look it up. If you have any hassles getting one I can post one to you. We've always got them here.