blackxt

vernier adjustable cam gear

I got mine from rollmaster on ebay, was like 200 something i think. They have a weird way of lining up the timing marks, not as u would expect. You dont sit the timing mark at 12 oclock on the cam like the stock one, it sits at about 3 oclock perfectly in line with the top face of the head, then you adjust the cam as needed.

Looks ok, you will need to knock that roll pin out the other side but as its not supposed to be poking out he front side. And it looks the same layout as mine, note the cam pin is in line with the timing mark? This means it will be laying over at 3 oclock to have you cam correct at TDC no1. To adjust you turn the crank with a bar and socket 360 degrees ATDC so the timing marks on the cam gear will be at 9 o'clock... loosen the 3 screws that are sticking out and then crank the motor with a bar 360 degs back to TDC no1, your cam timing marks will now be at 3 0'clock again and then loosen the last 2. Now crank the motor backwards or forwards noting that the vernier gears marks are rolling from R to A, i think there will be about 8 degs either side of TDC, when your desired advance or retard is lined up tighten the 3 screws above the head and then rotate 360 degs to do the other 2. Dont over tighten them or you will strip them and your stuffed then.

I got mine from rollmaster on ebay, was like 200 something i think. They have a weird way of lining up the timing marks, not as u would expect. You dont sit the timing mark at 12 oclock on the cam like the stock one, it sits at about 3 oclock perfectly in line with the top face of the head, then you adjust the cam as needed.

ive always set the timing on all 4l donks at 3 degrees above the head,with the timing mark