Vannin

XG or EB S Pack Dash to XF wiring chart.

Just sorted the EB Fairmont cluster into my Clevo powered XF.....

You'll need:

XG Cluster Surround. (with screws & screw covers)

XG or EB Cluster.

XG Cluster Support frame. (with screws)

XG Plug & Loom (cut as far back to main harness as possible)

XF Cluster to destroy if you want plug & play, if not you can hard wire.

Tried to post here but can't post excel for some reason!!!

If you want a copy, send me a message & include your email address & I will email it to you!

Cheers John.

the fuel guage doesnt work with the XF tank sender.  (its ok on most LPG tanks though)

but you can mount the XF GL guage inside the EB cluster and do some wiring mods, or, i spoke to an instrument tech that can make it work other ways.. (not sure whats involved, but its possible)

i used the E series oil sender also, aparently they vary a little.

i will be making another soon, so wouldnt mind seeing if yours is easier to read than Mine John,

Clevo is straight lpg so Just threw the interface away!

Oil pressure senders are different in the readings, use one from EA onwards will be fine.... (mine came from EL & same thread as the clevo)

Utes & vans can use the fuel senders from the XA to XC Falcons.... these will work with Late dash (XD-XF use reostat sender, pain in arse)

i found my notes, if you cant work it out.. best not start..

NO WARRANTY, NO PROMISES, ENTER AT OWN RISK i have a cluster here someone cooked trying to do this conversion lol(not me)

fried tacho, fried circuit board, fried fuel guage, speedo not working in trip meter part with new gear fitted.. probably did that also lol

when looking at my chart the numbers i wrote in the XF plugs go to the numbered E series wires

e series plugs are numbered. the XF ones are Not

wiring diagram showing plugs(if keeping the XF plugs from a sacrificed GL cluster for eg)

EAPlugwiringtoXFclusterplugs.jpg

Loom interface i made(can be removed to refit an XF cluster etc)

DSCFpic93.jpg

fuel guage mod i invented, (this is to fit the XF GL fuel guage,)(there is other ways of making the E series one work..i dont know how)

DSCFpic62.jpg

other part of the fuel guage mod, bypassing the internal circuit board
DSCFpic65.jpg

I've just tried to put the ea cluster into my XF PANELVAN, I tried to use a xg fuel sender but still no luck, and my oil gauge just maxes out, I've followed a few different threads but i still can't get it right, I need help!

Maybe the cluster is stuffed it looks like they've pulled it down at some stage!

On the positive cranked the motor over for the first time today! Yay!

I used a xh oil pressure sensor for gauge, still maxing out

I had the same problem putting a xf ghia dash in my xf falcon. Then a champion on here told me that oil pressure gauge won't read correctly if it still has a low oil warning globe in the dash. I simply removed the globe from the cluster and it's worked fine ever since!! Not sure if the same goes for an ea dash, might be worth a look.

The fuel guage is maxing out all the time, I must have something wrong, I've reversed the polarity of guage and cut exactly as in pictures, and bridged the circuit board, it's a real headache!

attempting to repair this thread.. picture dump, will try edit it when i can find the info for each pic

some copy/pasted info here 

the plugs dont plug up is the main issue.. i made a hybrid adaptor for mine.. although you could hard wire it in(needing a loom section from an EA or EB s pack... XG wires are shorter and dont reach so make them longer if you get XG loom section.)

the fuel guage would probably work if you have an XF wagon or ute/van and fitted an EA EB wagon fuel tank(if the sender isnt a straight swap?) or an XG/XH fuel tank to the XF ute/van in same way.

the oil pressure sender is different resistance i think, so use an EA/EB spack one etc

My local instrument joint told me they could work out a way to get the fuel guage working, would be by fitting a universal sender to the XF tank.. assume cost would be $100?

i get around the fuel guage issue by fitting an XF GL fuel guage to the EA s pack cluster.. (polarity is backwards so you need to cut and bridge the circuit board tracks) then cut and bridge the tracks again to bypass some circuit board also inside.. the guage faces swap over directly, same for the needles.
tlkok54.jpg
not sure what this bypass was for regarding the fuel guage, but it wasn't part of the XF one, so i bypassed it.
fsfS3EG.jpg
need to clearance the backing area for the bypass wire(WEAR SAFETY GLASSES.. this was another time i got shit in my eye)
pCkstIc.jpg

My drawing for pinouts.. if you can work it out.. good.. 
AXssO7w.jpg
plug orientation pi
WuSHWqi.jpg

bDukIQ6.jpg

VGK284T.jpg
ZswJnzf.jpg

all in all.. good fun if you have time and patience. of which i am out of both. 
good luck. 

Hi Baza here, we also have a xf fairmont and are changing the clusters to a xh ute dash, just wondering if you could email me  the wiring diagram as above. Cheers Barry

email address     pod.motors@farmside.co.nz

1 hour ago, baza said:

Hi Baza here, we also have a xf fairmont and are changing the clusters to a xh ute dash, just wondering if you could email me  the wiring diagram as above. Cheers Barry

email address     pod.motors@farmside.co.nz

as far as i'm aware the XH(same as EF EL style) uses the ECU for info, it's not going to work with basic wiring. i don't have any of the info at hand anymore, if it's not here in this thread, go searching on fordmods.com for same info if that forum even still exists? 

@Thom might have half a clue on how it might be possible, but i haven't seen it before working(if i was to do it, i'd consider fitting 100% XH wiring and everything, but i wouldn't even consider it due to being a massive task that has too many electrical issue potential)