PRO250

single turbo or twin on a clevo what size?

hey guys

im planing to boost a clevo will be saarting in a few months but id like to know a good size turbo or turbos for it

its a 302 ATM but may go to a 351 later if you can keep that im mind

theres a few turbo clevo guys in here any input would be good

mmmmm turbo v8 cortina :)

basic ideas.....

GTX 2867s would probably be the pick if you went twins, they'd spool early and youd make monster power. plus all done by 6K on a 351. if you didnt wanna go GTXs you could go twin GT2876s, i know a lot of the GEN3/6.0 boys use them and they're in the 10s in a full weight VE sedan/wagons, i know someone with this setup, and its awesome.

singles, i think most guys run a GT4088r or GT4094r in the lower power range. (400rwkwish) and they still spool quick too. next step up from there is a GT4294... but they're up near 3k now i think....

your block is gunna shit itself if you push it, you know that yeh? lol, use a thickwall block if you got one spare, especially if you can take it out to just 10thou

space wise in a corty i reckon itd be easier to go twins and mount them lower in the engine bay.... gt4088 might be a bit of a squeeze? plus you'd have to fit a 4" dump somewhere vs twin 2.5" dumps on the twins....

but the single would be a shitload cheaper to setup, and heaps less pipe work....

pro's n cons to each dude....

other guys can tell you about borg warner setups, i've only used garrett, HKS, and tomei and on smaller engines, biggest boosted motor ive played with is a 4.0

either way, this is gunna be one hell of a pedal fest in a corty.... whos building the chassis?

agree with thom, charles is probably the guru on this shit.

man boost is so much fun.. i miss my little CA18 hittin 1.3bar and kissing brand new clubbys and boss 335s goodbye :(

basic ideas.....

GTX 2867s would probably be the pick if you went twins, they'd spool early and youd make monster power. plus all done by 6K on a 351. if you didnt wanna go GTXs you could go twin GT2876s, i know a lot of the GEN3/6.0 boys use them and they're in the 10s in a full weight VE sedan/wagons, i know someone with this setup, and its awesome.

singles, i think most guys run a GT4088r or GT4094r in the lower power range. (400rwkwish) and they still spool quick too. next step up from there is a GT4294... but they're up near 3k now i think....

your block is gunna shit itself if you push it, you know that yeh? lol, use a thickwall block if you got one spare, especially if you can take it out to just 10thou

space wise in a corty i reckon itd be easier to go twins and mount them lower in the engine bay.... gt4088 might be a bit of a squeeze? plus you'd have to fit a 4" dump somewhere vs twin 2.5" dumps on the twins....

but the single would be a shitload cheaper to setup, and heaps less pipe work....

pro's n cons to each dude....

other guys can tell you about borg warner setups, i've only used garrett, HKS, and tomei and on smaller engines, biggest boosted motor ive played with is a 4.0

either way, this is gunna be one hell of a pedal fest in a corty.... whos building the chassis?

agree with thom, charles is probably the guru on this shit.

man boost is so much fun.. i miss my little CA18 hittin 1.3bar and kissing brand new clubbys and boss 335s goodbye :(

man those turbos cost a bomb i wanted to start a little cheaper if i could and when its all sorted out up grade? 

yep boost is fun i have a few boosted cars now no rice but. the cars allready finnished waiting on engineers of corse not as being turbo but as a 8cylinder 1100kg car :)

Boost,hahahaaa.

yes :) get away you :P

how do i pick compresser and exhaust wheel size based on engine size and is there more to it

im not looking for 9000hp just a bit of lowish boost fun 4/500hp would be mad :)

cheap twin setup, two turbos off a single turbo VG30DET would work.

GT2876s are pretty easy to find second hand too, jump on hardtuned n have a looksee.

gt4094s come up every now n again and probably would suit you best in a mild single setup on the garrett side... itd be capable of 750+hp lol

otherwise GT4294 awwww yeeee