Sign in to follow this  
Perky

Sub in your falcon ute

Hays guys as title says was thinkin of putting a sub in my ute but were?

Has any one got one in there ute or have any ideas were to put it........

I was thinkin I could put it in the wAll between the cab n tub but it would be hard to box it n weather proof it

Cheers Dave

I have done a few that were ported thru the cab under the tray/inspection cover and a couple that have cut the back wall out and made the whole area a sub box.For you I would recommend a custom box under the tray area and port it thru to the cab behind the drivers seat.Just remember no cutting with a grinder or anything that throws sparks as the fuel tank is under that cavity aswell.Keep it well sealed and you will have zero issues and BASS.

I used to have mine under the tray on the opposite side from the fuel tank, you need a decent sub and amp for that setup though but it worked very well

I've got a sub box that was made for utes... its tall and narrow so it can fit in the cab. (I'm not sure where it would fit, I don't have a ute haha) It's probally 20cm wide and 40cm highish it is ported too.

Thanks for the ideas guys...

I don't have fuel tank anymore it rusted out years ago n i run straight gas now but I like the idea of putting the sub so it comes through into we're the tank use to be....

N thom your idea sounds good too how big of amp n sub did u run so that u could hear it?

my ute had a box between the seats i riped it out you want it? it worked ok i hate the doosh doosh noise id rather listern to my clevo

there if you want it its not fancy JBL i think, the sub is box is ok still some new carpet would not hurt its heading for land fill LOL

PM me if you want

i made a sub box for my mates xg xr6 ute ,made it the exact shape as the under floor area ,i used marine ply ,mounted the sub facing directly up under the false floor cover, works a treat,

I liked to use 2 8" subs and sealed the opening against the wall in Falcons with a cutout for the sound to come thru and commodores I built the box against the back of the wall and mounted the subs to the front from the cab side.Any larger and you would have to lay the sub back but still use the same principal...easy as to do but you needs balls and skill to do either option.