GspecZL

Straight gas 4L conversion.

I've found they usually have a telltale around the headbolt seats if they're slightly recessed the head has been way overheated and is usually warped to the shit house, au's run a different head bolt and I can't recommend anything better to use in any 4.0 (as well au head gasket)

That's a handy one to know. Also, I'm not sure about e-series but crossies take a Holden 308 head stud.

hey would i be able to close of the holes for the fuel injectors. then stick the gas on the front of the manifold on a eb where i noticed they have a rubber grommet covering the spot on some. looks the perfect size to get my gas hose onto from the mixer. or another idea was to use a centrepoint injection manifold take the top off it and stick the weber on it would that be do able?

Had my Parts car (ZH marquis) running today and realised it has a B2 converter. Its some Brand called Aussie. Any way i assume that will work with my Impco 425. Also has a Gas hat an a few other bits and pieces i can use. Unfortunatly it is using a thermoquad so i can pinch the carb.

Had my Parts car (ZH marquis) running today and realised it has a B2 converter. Its some Brand called Aussie. Any way i assume that will work with my Impco 425. Also has a Gas hat an a few other bits and pieces i can use. Unfortunatly it is using a thermoquad so i can pinch the carb.

if its got a 300a mixer(likely) you can also mount them on a holley base via adaptor and should also be good for a 4 litre

like this one.. sold already(was cheap too) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Impco-300A-LPG-Mixer-Gas-Carburettor-with-4BBL-Base-Plate-v8-b2-converter-/151049736720

if its got a 300a mixer(likely) you can also mount them on a holley base via adaptor and should also be good for a 4 litre

like this one.. sold already(was cheap too) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Impco-300A-LPG-Mixer-Gas-Carburettor-with-4BBL-Base-Plate-v8-b2-converter-/151049736720

can also probably mount it on a CPI manifold with adaptor also  and i also have seen them mounted on a efi type intake with adaptors also..

depends how much mucking around you want and what you really want? manifold wise, cost etc.

hey would i be able to close of the holes for the fuel injectors. then stick the gas on the front of the manifold on a eb where i noticed they have a rubber grommet covering the spot on some. looks the perfect size to get my gas hose onto from the mixer. or another idea was to use a centrepoint injection manifold take the top off it and stick the weber on it would that be do able?

Speedway blokes use the CFI manifold on crossies, but I reckon the std 3.9-4.0 EFI log manifold would be superior for LPG, with much bigger plenum volume.

ok i got a eb log manifold. so what would you guys plug the injector holes up with? and do you guys think it would be allright to just connect the convertor up to the throttle body and just before the air cleaner plastic bit.

If you want to cam it in the future your probably better off with a log styled aftermarket or CFI manifold. You lose alot of air speed with the large plenum.....I'm just speaking from my own experience.

you can hook it up the vacuum pipe i did it on my lpg 302w L300

i think personally a gas ring mixer would give you better performance ,do you want me to post you one,