mcfly94

Can 5.0L injection (of eb/ed/ef/el/au) be fitted to any 302?

basically only if you modify the seating layout or capacity do you need a mod plate. I have seen people get defected for putting racing seats in, even properly so it can be a touch and go subject

all I did was bolt the seats straight to floor, ht 5/16" bolts, bolted ba seat brackets in for the rear using 5/16" ht bolts and was done.

It may be an issue. I haven't seen your work so I wouldn't know if or how much trouble you'll have

lets hope not!

all the original holes have been filled in!

Geez its hard work over your way mate, come to NZ and do what you want to it, as long as safe they will cert it (mod plate) here.

yeah well over here and esp SA, its a c*nt to mod cars as the government has these little do-gooders in their ear and bit*h moan and complain if anything is changed from factory. There was a huge thing over here couple years back about people getting American classics and couldn't them registered because they weren't in the factory ordered colour scheme or had a cd player in place of the old AM stereo. Itsjust a joke. the crap they label under 'roadworthiness' has nothing to safety

Exactly.  Our pollies have that many do gooders pissing in their ear you'd swear they're into watersports and piss enemas.  That' what really goes on in the members lounge or on the backbench after hours.

The seats issue I'd say a 70/30 chance of you being fucked in the arse with a barstard file.  They'll say it doesn't use the factory approved mounts and that a hole in the floor pan or brace wasn't engineered for them.

They have a list of approved engineers, best to deal with them as they know what transport sa want, and vice versa.  Its all a bit incestuous and nepotistic but thats SA for you.  Its like a legal form of bribery.

SA - don't bother knocking unless ya know someone, or a inventive serial killer.  Otherwise fuck off and go deal with a more progressive part of the country like Victoria and NSW.

And they wonder why business doesn't come here...

Anyway I've digressed off into a rant.

Exactly.  Our pollies have that many do gooders pissing in their ear you'd swear they're into watersports and piss enemas.

The seats issue I'd say a 70/30 chance of you being fucked in the arse with a barstard file.  They'll say it doesn't use the factory approved mounts and that a hole in the floor pan or brace wasn't engineered for them.

They have a list of approved engineers, best to deal with them as they know what transport sa want, and vice versa.  Its all a bit incestuous and nepotistic but thats SA for you.

SA - don't bother knocking unless ya know someone, or a inventive serial killer.  Otherwise fuck off and go deal with a more progressive part of the country like Victoria and NSW.

yeah well that is shit if they say that, the things are so much more stronger and solid than the shitty xf seats that break rails constantly.

Yeah Im sure it will eventually happen over this way one day, there was once a big "who hah" over vehicle noise and that cars shouldn't be louder than when original? Don't really hear of any issues now.

If you are set on an XF V8, what about putting the front sheet metal onto a factory v8 XE?

Yeah Im sure it will eventually happen over this way one day, there was once a big "who hah" over vehicle noise and that cars shouldn't be louder than when original? Don't really hear of any issues now.

If you are set on an XF V8, what about putting the front sheet metal onto a factory v8 XE?

not set on an xf v8 more so on the car I already have haha, id go an xe any day or even xd!

So Im guessing my AU Windsor V8 converted to carb and alloy heads powered XD would not pass in this state.

probably would xd came with v8, xf didnt

So Im guessing my AU Windsor V8 converted to carb and alloy heads powered XD would not pass in this state.

it would as long as you dress it up alittle to look like an older motor it would

No later model engine without all its pollution equipment.....

Brand-SA-aus-300x278.jpg

The door is an illusion.. its fucking shut.

this is the same path .N,S,W went down a few years back,but lots of noise from punters building cars and bikes changed that bullshit rule!

Exactly.  Our pollies have that many do gooders pissing in their ear you'd swear they're into watersports and piss enemas.  That' what really goes on in the members lounge or on the backbench after hours.

They have a list of approved engineers, best to deal with them as they know what transport sa want, and vice versa.  Its all a bit incestuous and nepotistic but thats SA for you.  Its like a legal form of bribery.

sorry to say, if you think the eastern states have better roadies, far from that. the corruption is much worse in the eastern states with their roadies as it just goes to a 'approved' mechanic and they choose if your car goes on the road or not. they can take basically any fee they want, and cash under the table. ive had cars fail over there for having a f*cking seatbelt twisted. not at the mount, just twisted, took 15secs to untwist it. had another one fail for the trailer plug being bolted in upside down (the tab was on top, instead of the bottom). The government takes coffers from the 'approved' mechanics and arse rapes them with fees which in turn they pass their attitude on. I know im prob gonna get abuse from this but that's my experience with them. SA is the only state in Australia now that doesn't require these stupid checks, and im enjoying the time before all the do-gooders get their way and we have them introduced.

I still cant get over how much that stupid logo cost

yeah I agree, we are all just sheep following. its the blind leading the blind. doesn't matter who you vote in, they are all the same. you can buy and brand of sock you like, it eventually becomes full of holes, stinks and just causes you more pain

sorry to say, if you think the eastern states have better roadies, far from that. the corruption is much worse in the eastern states with their roadies as it just goes to a 'approved' mechanic and they choose if your car goes on the road or not. they can take basically any fee they want, and cash under the table. ive had cars fail over there for having a f*cking seatbelt twisted. not at the mount, just twisted, took 15secs to untwist it. had another one fail for the trailer plug being bolted in upside down (the tab was on top, instead of the bottom). The government takes coffers from the 'approved' mechanics and arse rapes them with fees which in turn they pass their attitude on. I know im prob gonna get abuse from this but that's my experience with them. SA is the only state in Australia now that doesn't require these stupid checks, and im enjoying the time before all the do-gooders get their way and we have them introduced.

I still cant get over how much that stupid logo cost

in n.s.w its about who you know and how honest you are if your mate has a ticket for rego,for me rego is still a pain as i need to think about my mate losing his ticket if the cars i work on or my cars are not up to scratch ,so i strive to have them 100% as it makes me sleep better knowing my mate doesnt get fucked over,

Nice. Agree with both. Its funny, if you were to ask 80% of the people in SA, they couldn't even tell who the Premier is!

is rann still in?