Show something that dont make sense on your car ,like a rare option or thrown in on the assembly line,this number looks like something from the factory ,never seen this ever on a xe ,its definatly the original wheel as everything else on this car is,and being a 3/82 my guess is its a numberd prototype thrown in on the assembly line that no one knew about cause who would have seen the back of it in that 1 minute to install it,4/82 was the release date on the xe,and plenty of cars were being built in feb and march for stock to the public to snap up.

NO takers ? i thought dean knew everything🤔,the headposts are TF cortina,on a build day with the production line out of normal headposts,they just chucked in something that would work,ben from global trim worked this out for me and said yeah he has seen a few over the years with this same thing,case solved.interesting note i bought a set of xe head post cushions from a guy up the road then went to fit em and they dont fit .so i went back and nearly ended up in a battle royal when he wouldnt give my money back ,took months to work out this x file.

5 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

.interesting note i bought a set of xe head post cushions from a guy up the road then went to fit em and they dont fit

OOOHH

I had this issue once also then. 

i didn't pick it, i didn't have many cars that had this style seat, and once i got over the fact they weren't a "head rest" and the Girl Friend at the time fit her pony tail knot in the opening, it was the best thing ever invented apparently. 

if they marketed it as a pony tail void, they'd sold double the amount lol

On 8/31/2023 at 8:40 AM, CHESTNUTXE said:

2nd is these weird brackets I have only ever seen these on very early xe and possibly late xd.

16934351908103000554981768759743.jpg

peter Anderson (youtube) latest video has bought a ZK fairlane and it has this cupcake tray also

48 minutes ago, deankxf said:

peter Anderson (youtube) latest video has bought a ZK fairlane and it has this cupcake tray also

Lol, he has so many cars now... almost as bad as me.

I can't work out, how he fits them all in.

I reckon it could be something to do with harmonics dampening?

Compare the flooring with later year ones, which don't have the cake tray.

The design may have changed?

1 minute ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

Lol, he has so many cars now... almost as bad as me.

I can't work out, how he fits them all in.

in the current episode, i skipped through it a bit, he was talking about buying a property somewhere that he can store and rotate his cars through. (sounds like he plans do drive them all)

After 4 months I finally worked out how to take these coat hanger things off,the buggers are like double skinned,just stick a small screwdriver behind it and gently prize it off then unscrew the holder,these must come off for the new roof lining

Screenshot_2023-09-09_200331.jpg

1 hour ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

After 4 months I finally worked out how to take these coat hanger things off,the buggers are like double skinned,just stick a small screwdriver behind it and gently prize it off then unscrew the holder,these must come off for the new roof lining

Screenshot_2023-09-09_200331.jpg

rear grab handles? i could have told you that :) (i remember removing them on something

Next is this can someone explain,the door rod is about 5 cm or more ,you can't line the handle up with it,or is this rod for something else and I'm missing the correct rod 

16953548302175916492728478056063.jpg

16953548705075260351894045073818.jpg

16953548961854274498600026705623.jpg

30 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

Next is this can someone explain,the door rod is about 5 cm or more ,you can't line the handle up with it,or is this rod for something else and I'm missing the correct rod 

i've moved the pivot point for the inner handle i think on rear doors twice (to take up slack)

have the rods been fitted wrong? is it meant to have a kink in it?

5cm is miles out, haven't got the left handle in the right door etc?

i looked on the other rear door and that rod goes to that white plastic turning thing,but something aint right ,in that plastic thing the handle rod is meant to be on notch 2 and that one in the pictures goes on notch 1,so ?

40 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

i looked on the other rear door and that rod goes to that white plastic turning thing,but something aint right ,in that plastic thing the handle rod is meant to be on notch 2 and that one in the pictures goes on notch 1,so ?

copy the side that works i guess

3 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

looks on first glance like an XH spare wheel winch part but the number doesn't come up in google etc

For auction is a Ford Nos XD bracket. Part number is XD-17C792B. Have no idea what this is. Can't say I've seen one before. Have had no luck in researching the part number. A mate of mine thought it may have something to do with station wagons. Please do your research before bidding to ensure suits your needs. Item is in great condition. Please use pictures to form part of the description. Combined postage offered other parts listed

s-l1600.png

Yes don't be fooled by the xd part number,just like the pillow blocks that came out in a xe falcon,they had xe on the cast number but that don't mean it's for a xe ,it stand for experimental engine.

On 9/22/2023 at 5:14 PM, CHESTNUTXE said:

it is all a compromise with the  length of the rods  and travel you require .

get one handle working  and then introduce the second handle

the rods may need to be shorten, I normally bend them to and put a small S shape in it

if it has not not got enough travel take some of the kink out to lengthen it.

make shore the kiddy lock is not on and the rods don't fight each other and lockup

i have access to a right rear door I will check when I get home if it helps