X-Taxi

Rear Wheel Arch!

Hi everyone!  When we bought this car it had I bit of damage on the rear wheel arch!  The bloke who owned the car before us got side swiped.  He bought a new front guard and purchased the front door, mirrors and chrome strip from me.  He striped it all down then painted the panels and reassemble it all.  He thought after his operation he would take it to the panel beaters to finish of the rear quarter panel.  Unfortunately he died on the operating table and never got to finish fixing his pride and joy.  When I bought the car I made a promise to his wife that he left behind, I would get the car fixed and back to its former glory.  

So I took the beast to a good friend of mine who owns a restoration work shop called Fully Steeled Restorations! https://www.facebook.com/fully.restorations?fref=ts

The damage!  I took these pics the second time I viewed the car!

IMAG0814_zps5ffeb973.jpg

IMAG0813_zpsbd8ff7ce.jpg

IMAG0812_zps2f0af336.jpg

IMAG0811_zps03fc2437.jpg

Bare Metal!!

mms_20130502_zpsfe762359.jpg

mms_20130502_2_zpsc973ce1e.jpg

I haven't got any more pics from this stage till the finish stage but it was bogged flattened. Then on went the undercoat then finished of with the black paint!  I'm hoping that Fully Steeled have more pics!

is he reasonable on price for panel work does he do it himself still or have people work for him can they strip paint etc I need to get car stripped off paint and panel work

is he reasonable on price for panel work does he do it himself still or have people work for him can they strip paint etc I need to get car stripped off paint and panel work

Yeah man he is reasonable priced and he does have another fella working for him who I think done most of the panel work on mine.  He also hires a spray booth and a another bloke to do the painting.

don't know the other guys names does Jason and tony ring a bell I know dammo was gonna buy his xy years ago I recall him having these guys do some work for him where's he located bud i'll pop in and check it out

don't know the other guys names does Jason and tony ring a bell I know dammo was gonna buy his xy years ago I recall him having these guys do some work for him where's he located bud i'll pop in and check it out

Nah man those names dont ring a bell! 

Good on ya bud...bet the old bloke would be proud of the effort.The bonus is you get a killer looking XE.

Cheers slydog!  Yeah man she is a killer looking XE now!

And the finished result!  Looks awesome like it was never dented!

392992_170034043162005_553613505_n.jpg

935735_170034026495340_1838125326_n.jpg

DSC_0104_zps5c82bdb8.jpg

DSC_0105_zps38b3a550.jpg

DSC_0106_zpsa5fee199.jpg

man they did a great job definitely gonna see dammo do you know what street his business is at and how long did they take to do that repair joshy

awesome bro...

Cheers man!  It would make the old owner proud!

man they did a great job definitely gonna see dammo do you know what street his business is at and how long did they take to do that repair joshy

Yeah man it is an awesome job!  His workshop is behind kinstons panel repair in Maryborough! its took 6 days but there was a weekend between that..

That's come up mint!!

Cheers Campo!!

The first strip is on! Because of the accident the chrome over the wheel arches were crushed so i found some of a fairlane thanks to my brother Timmy and I just cut them to size and mounted them up.

549024_10151920248054325_1870170738_n.jp

And now all the chrome is back on!!

941233_10151920235769325_2101897958_n.jp

247741_10151920235459325_1346424942_n.jp

558001_10151920235579325_691156867_n.jpg

thanks josh i'll go and see dammo next week just want my dents and 2 small rust repairs fix then get old paint stripped and in primer don't know if I can afford the paint job just yet