Server maintenance Read more... ×
Tackyacrobat

Thinking of buying 98 xh ticford

Pro-There are kits available to do it. They can make really really good hp done right.

Con-there expensive and every other person on here will tell you to turbo it cos its cheaper.

But why be its bitch when you can be its master. I love the blower idea because its different now days.

i would say pros..

keeping the current exhaust if it's decent

having people tell you a turbo is better(and when you ask them why? they probably will stumble and walk off)

cons depending on fitup might be impossible to fit your hands in anywhere ? haven't seen one for ages

having people tell you a turbo is better?

Pros: Having people tell you how unique and different it is going down that route. More power than N/A

Cons: parasitic losses of a blower,boost rises with revs, it costs way more than the car is worth, limited resale market and therefore value if you ever change your mind, can't change boost level easily, throwing belts, less power and peak torque than a correctly sized turbo. There's way more runs on the board with turbocharging Ford 6's in both drag racing and street cars.

Ultimately it's your money, different people want different things for different reasons.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk