Sign in to follow this  
xhadyboy

New rotors and pads

Lads

I need to replace my front rotors on my daily.I have a shocking vibration on medium to heavy braking.

I know brakes are overrated their only good for one thing.

I have been using Highway brake and clutch in Campbellfield (Melb.) for bits and pieces over the years.

Rotors are $32.00 each and new pads $35.00 a set ,not sure of the brand probably a generic budget type.

Should I lash out on some decent bendix ones ?

Are Bendix just a well advertised brand ?

Or is  there any other suggestion's ?

Can you get the disc rotors machined.?  Will save you some $$$. Rotors warp due to heat, and can be re-machined to remove the shudder you feel when pressing the pedal.

If you're gunna change them out, what do want the car to do?  Stop hard, not squeal, do track days.? 

Standard rotors will be fine for the street, with a Bendix pad. Soft pad material is easy on the rotor, (less damage), but make waaay more dust.

Harder pads stop better, take a second to heat up and bite, and are more harsh on the rotor. Go for a vented rotor to help dissipate heat.

My general rule is every pad change, machine the discs, after 2 sets of pads, change the rotors. Thats just me.  ;)

What car is it?

I've found QFM HPX pads to be awesome, combined with slotted rotors. Did that on an AU1 and it made a huge difference. Big car with small brakes though.

I have heard of Zero complaints about QFM pads, and that is from people using them in different model cars as well as different brand name cars. A guy I work with has had EBC green stuff and red stuff as well as performance Bendix (the guy does track days as well as drives his car on the street) and he much prefers QFM pads.  According to him the QFM last longer, felt much better when cold (he said that one of the EBC stuff pads was plain dangerous when cold) produced way less dust and cost less. So going off his review and the countless other I have heard of/scene I will be buying QFM pads where ever I can (extra bonus cause they are actually made in Australia).

Thanks for the advise lads.

I just picked up the rotors and pads .

The rotors are R.D.A

The pads are Q.F.M ceramic premium.

There wasn't anyone that could get close to the price $ 107 all up , for a cash sale wood duck like me !

Fitting is $50 ,while I get my 10,000 km free tyre rotation done.

One brake place wanted $350 to machine 2 x rotors and fit  1 x set of new pads.

$157 supply and fit ... No brainer.