CHESTNUTXE

XD XE 6 TO 8 CLUSTER

I made the fatal mistake of trying to adjust the slot while keeping the speedo in and broke mine.Just to the right you can see the small silver adjusting slot for the rpm's.Plug your cluster back in and calibrate with a tiny screwdriver .WP_20160522_11_59_41_Pro_zpsjy98sbfb.jpg

gerg say's hold your rev's at 2000 then turn the slot down to 1500 and that should be about right,but if you have a good multi meter then get someone to call out the rpms and adjust to be more precise .

Cool thread mate, first one on this topic with detailed pics. I have Been told it is still not 100% accurate this way but it is very close I think there needs to be some thing else changed maybe resister as mentioned as above. I will still be using this method tho

ok i am using my old resister off the crossy,i thought that was just for bad radio interferance,???? Please any more info please add because mine is still all out and waiting to re asemble.

There is no resistor to change.

It's a calibration done by adjusting the small trim pot as shown in the pic above.

To do it correctly and accurately, it should be done using a sine wave generator, with 12V square wave.

If you're in Brisbane, I can do it for you, no charge.  Send me a PM.

ok sounds good m8,also i have read so many times in diff forums that your speedo can be adjusted the same way if your still out after changing the plastic tooth drive,well im still looking for it on the speedo ?WP_20160523_15_04_34_Pro_zpsgp9vfjqi.jpg

The trim pot in the speedo is only for very fine calibration, not for correcting an error of 19 Kph.

If you try that, then the odometer will register incorrectly.

You need to fit the correct gear on the transducer on the gearbox.

How many teeth does your current gear have..? 

You say you are 19 Kph over, then you will need to get a gear that has 4 more teeth than your current one, and you will be a lot closer to correctness then.

For example, if your current gear is 15 tooth, then you will need a 19 tooth gear.  Ford parts still carry them.

ok cheer's i have a 20 tooth in the fmx that  i imagine had a 2.75 ratio and i am running 3.27 ,the same thing happend when i had the b/w 35 in there i upgraded the gears from 2.77 to 3.27 and used a green 21 tooth but it was still about 10km out so i suppose im looking for a 23 and then use the trim pot,i cannot find a tooth for a fmx bigger than 21 on e bay so ?

i think c4 and fmx are the same i will do some more searching ,i might have read somewhere that TCI do a 26 or 24 tooth for short gearing.

I have 3:45 diff gears and a 1:1 top gear ratio in the gearbox, same as C4/FMX, I run the grey 22 or 23 (out of a AU XR6), and my speedo is bang on at 50 and is 3km/h out at true 100.

ok but the b/w teeth go in the opoisite way ,i found this out in my bw-35 unless the au tranny tooth is on the passenger side ? I had a look ,the au is a left hand tooth so i dont no how long its going to hold up in your box but if it works ,well done,the  fmx box have  right hand teeth and an extended nose ,where others are shorter.

Hey mate are you going to plastic polish your clear Perspex whilst the cluster is apart? This is some thing I have been thinking about as I have one I am currently bringing back to life. Maybe vdo could shed some light on how to do this he seems be the man with this gear