Stu5766

Monster tacho into XD dash.

Thought I might share this with you.

It's not going to be everyone's cupa tea, but I required a monster tach & shift light for when I start hitting up the street meets again.

My brother kindly donated one to my cause. Problem was that I hate the whole tacho hanging off the column & apart from looking stupid, they draw unwanted attention.

This was my solution.

image_2.jpg

Nice adaptation of the monster tacho inside the dash. My preference is for the 3 3/8 inch tacho if one is needed, but if you have a working tacho this may well be a good option for a shift light, this is what I will/am running. It has a digital numerical tacho with multi stage shift light(programmable rpm range to 100rpm) and fits between the factory tacho and factory speedo hidden inside the dash cowl.

1055343.jpg

Tacho is there purely to activate the shift light.

Since it's a reputable brand that I got for free, it was better than getting a cheap Chinese stand alone shift light.

Running at the creek I want to get the change as close to a certain RPM as possible.

165 bucks.

That would have been ideal.

Oh well, it's in there now & I don't have to explain more $$$ spent on the car.

Good to know for future reference.

Yeah they are a good alternative to tacho with shift light if you dont need a tacho. The light also functions as 3 different shift lights as it has pre shift, shift and over rev flashes all in different colours. You can even turn off the digital tacho screen so only the lights flash.