Sign in to follow this  
xdfairmont79

single rail in e series??

im trying to make a pretty tuff e series and i have a few single rails lying around.. is it at all possible to put a single rail in a eb falcon? iv always wondered because you can put an eb T5 in an xd but not vise versa?

If there is enough meat in the 4.0 bellhousing to re-drill for a single rail would be about the only way are clutch and maybe a little modification to the gearbox mount, shifter position should be the same position

Thoms idea would work I reckon.

Crs recently went bankrupt and the remans and name were bought by waddingtons, I don't know how much product they will be keeping.

well maybe dellow or mall wood

and have a look around at swap meets and ebay because i think its something the speedway crowd would do

re drilling the bell and bolting the bell to the box could work but you will need some sort of ring around the input shaft bearing retainer because the singel rail is smaller

+1 for the spacer ring. I recently did the opposite, machined the input snout on a T5 to suit a toploader bell. The difference is only about 1.5 mm, so it could be made from a slice of sheetmetal bent into shape.

You might have to tilt the box to the right slightly to get away from the holes that are already there, you don't want 2 holes too close to each other, it might split between them. Tilting the box also brings the gearstick closer to the driver.

My brother's putting a toploader behind a 3.9 EA motor, same sort of thing.

yea ok, i have a toppy as well, would that suit better? and the eb is a series 1 with a 3.9 which will eventually go but i want a manual haha i thought you would have to drill out the bell housing, but I'm wondering if i could weld up the original holes so theres no possibility of cracking and failing i guess ill just mock it up in its position and make a gearbox mount for it and then tailshaft wise will it fit?