Mustardxf

Best clutch for Beefy 250 Crossflow

I just got a etreme heavy duty so called rated to 400hp plus. It feels good under foot.

I'm Heading to the drags tomorrow so I will let you know.

Has a good take up without too on/off feel. I ended up going a machined flywheel instead of new or newer model

Flywheel.

It's a t5 and crossflow turbo 310rwhp at 16 pound boost and 2.92 gear

ATM i'm using an Exedy sports organic and it's been good. 220rwhp and 3.23 gears. Been to drags and a few trips to wakefield park. Using Nitto invo 245's on the back. a few sneaky burnouts with 245's also. Has not skipped a beat since i got the issues with the hydraulic throw out sorted a couple years ago.

If your making more power then you'll probably need something more substantial? Sly's right the 6'bolt presure plates put down more clamping force so they are the way to go if your running big power. You will most likely have to drill and tap 3 more holes into the flywheel to suit if you go that way.

Something to consider is using a less aggressive clutch will be easier on the gearbox so i would not be going to a fully hectic clutch unless you need to.

A nice sprung 5 puck organic will be fine for your engine this is a more street race clutch and a very positive take up but will last a long time, I feel a 6 bolt pressure plate is a must so you don't pull the pressure plate off

I got my stock EA flywheel lightened, machined, drilled & tapped for 6-bolt h/duty exedy and it worked great. I think 6-bolt ones came in utes, not 100% though.

Now with a decent clutch your T5 is the next fuse in the circuit.... Or the axles (with those 3.45 gears)