Platinum Blue

XC History of Black v Chrome Trim ?

Does anybody know where I can find out which XC GXL's should have the Black Windscreen /Rear window trim or Chrome trim ?

Should a Black Windscreen trim car have Black Overriders + Black Door handles ?  Chrome with Chrome ?

When were the Black " Ford" Bonnet + Boot letters used ?  

Or was all this optional on new cars? 

My car is a 08/78 GXL and has a mixture, I suspect it should all be Black.

Any help appreciated.

PB

Rally Pack all black from door handles up. Chrome below.

GXL series 1 all chrome.

GXL update black from door handles up. Chrome below including bonnet .

Std. Fairmont never had black.

Yours should be black door handles, window frames and fuel cap only. The rest should be chrome.

XC GXL sereis 1 and 2 did not differ in chrome trims and blacks outs. All GXLs have blacked out front and rear windscreen trims, door frames and Bpillar, overiders, blacked out bootlid and tail light filler panel, fuel cap  black door handles etc. Only exterior difference between an early model XC GXL and Late model ones were the badges.

Well , there seems to be more questions opened up

Which models had Black , Side 4.9/5.8 Badges ?

Should a GXL have Black Bonnet scoops ?

Did all GXL's have a Vinyl roof ?

Not trying to back to original, just trying to understand what it should have and collect the bits, as its an Original interior  Matching numbers 32 Car.

Currently she is De-badged, Painted roof, Chrome overriders  everything else above the door handles is black even the scoops + wipers.

-GS rally pack optioned cars had the black 4.9/5.8 badges.

- All bonnet scoops on XCs were painted body colour from the factory and did not come with bonnet pins. (was a popular thing back in the day to paint black however)

-Vinyl Roof was an option on all XCs including the GXL, however if sunroof was optioned up Vinyl roof was mandatory. It was possible for the vinyl roof to be fitted at the dealership as an accessory however the C pillar mould that were used are different compared to factory vinyl roof ones.  Vinyl roof came standard on ZH fairlanes and LTDs however.

If you having anymore questions, I’m happy to help :)