SweetXF

XF sedan stripe ideas

I have a yellow XF sedan that I was thinking of putting some stripes on. I am just looking for others ideas/suggestions on what would look best. Prefer if you could attach a pic of your idea for better reference.

<br />Here's my current favourite, but I'm still looking for other ideas.

<br />="http://jessespics.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/1/3/48139639/3933338_orig.jpg"]http://jessespics.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/1/3/48139639/3933338_orig.jpg

<br />looking for ideas for the front back and sides, but may not stripe them all.

<br />thanks in advance

<br />

<br />

<br />

If you're not stuck on black for a colour, what about orange/red? I reckon the stripe should follow the crease line down the car instead of try and fight with it.

<br />Ghost flames.???

<br />

<br />

<br />To be honest, cant really see that working. Any chance you know of a pic of it on an x series?

<br />

<br />

<br />maybe this in the black if you wanted more than just the side striped

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />Will have to try Photoshopping that onto my car.

<br />

<br />

If you're not stuck on black for a colour, what about orange/red? I reckon the stripe should follow the crease line down the car instead of try and fight with it.

<br />

<br />yeah, open to any color ideas. again will try that

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

<br />

I've been tossing up the idea of xe spac stipes on a xf for a while, the Orange and red goes well on the yellow too.

That actually was another idea of mine. Any pics of it on an XF?

That's worth trying, would almost work with the front bar too.

Yeah i think the lines would work fine, may just have to do a slight cut and shut job on the lower front bar section.

That actually was another idea of mine. Any pics of it on an XF?

No, but i know you can pick up xb gs stripe kits for around the 100 dollar mark so guessing they would be similar price. Cheap enough that if you don't like it they can be ditched after a while.

Pretty sure i will do to mine at some stage for a bit of a change, not sure when though.

Curvy or straight cars need different treatments. I say stay close to the factory look, and right for the period, maybe a bit thicker striping but same proportions.

Same goes for wheels. A set of globes look tough on anything up to XF but put them on an FG and it's wrong-town.

After all, the people that designed them are professionals.

The eye likes to see things in 1/3rds, just like in photography and painting. So break up the car into sections and apply the "third rule" and you're off to a good start.

Remember... Proportion is everything!

The eye likes to see things in 1/3rds, just like in photography and painting. So break up the car into sections and apply the "third rule" and you're off to a good start.

Remember... Proportion is everything!

Agree with all the first part of your post, but I'd never heard of the bit I've quoted. Good think to keep in mind.

Thanks