Sign in to follow this  
jamie247

where to buy moulded floor carpet ?

hey guys and girls just about to tackle the interior of XE INSANITY, I ordered a boot carpet off ebay and after 4 weeks its finally been shipped so my ? is where is the best place to get loop or plush moulded floor carpet any recommendations etc

My upholsterer supplied the carpet for Project Goldie,

Its something that you would find in late model cars of today.

It's glued down and follows the contours of my floor so well.

Was a little more costly but looks and feels so good

and its what i wanted so didn't mind forking out for it.

Contact an upholsterer and speak with them,

food for thought.

Got my Knox carpet plush pile today must say not real happy with the fit in fact appualing needs trimming heaps each side so moulded really means shit

Thing i found when i did mine is to allow a little extra and sit on the carpet when your trimming it. Try to bolt the center down and stretch it with your knee as you do it. Just make sure it doesnt shift from the centre otherwise the other side can end up to short.

I screwed it down on the edges as well to stop it shifting. ( XC Falcon)

You probably know this anyway but i located the carpet where it had to go and then poked a scriber up from under the car in the seat holes to get them in the exact right place.

yeah cheers mate knew that but handy if no 1 else did, im thinking I might get the centre gunnel right then punch holes put screwdrivers in to stop it moving then trim sides, does that sound stupid LOL

Yeah i did that with the screwdrivers!

I did the whole floor with underlay.

Im thinking of doing the dynamat thing in the xe under the underlay as well. But the budget dynamat.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automotive-Sound-Deadening-Deadener-Car-Renault-Rolls-Royce-Rover-3m-x-1m-/171555046647?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27f17a44f7

yeah thought that would be the safest way to get even sides cheers, yeah I thought of the dynamat it does look good when done properly but then I thought more money to spend elsewhere LOL