Free.51

Need help changing lower ball joints & outer tie rod ends

I'm try to replace the lower ball joints & outer tie rods today but am already running into trouble. I can't get the tie rod off the knuckle I've been trying for about 1hr now & I've already bent my new ball joint seperator tool. Also will the bottom bj have to be pressed in & out? I've never done this before so it will be a first thanks fbe27f06cabe6ad1eec5aa5c6ca0f62d.jpg6b45ebc9d38cc27426482359096e883c.jpgtie rodea2793ef971cb27093e6ad98eb58625a.jpglower ball joint

Cheers dean, I got the tie rod off by smacking the thread with the nutt on. The new ones come with new nuts pins etc.

that can work, not always though..  (no good if you want to re use it either which is sometimes the case)

you can see the dents on the stub axles where its been hit before. give it a whack

Got both out. Now I m gonna put the new ones in & then start on drivers sidee43d3f2fc6a1c0aba9d0bb07a17a6d40.jpgthese are the ones I got dean from burs on

cool,

plenty of people are using that brand, would be interested to see how they last.

Cos they were the original springs/shocks out of the Zk wreck in the backyard (I don't have anything a little taller than the king springs & I'm not robbing bits off the ltd for a roady). Yeah I used my iPhone 3 as reference & it is bout 4" & couldn't stand it up straight without it hitting the extractors.