Sign in to follow this  
blackxt

Manuel and bench seat .

Has any one fitted a Manuel to a car still with a bench seat , I love having three seats I was thinking I may be able to get the seat notched like a hilux or something . <br /><br />I'm open to ideas if any ones done it before.

My ute is T5 manual with a late XF series bench seat. Fits, just, and I can still carry two passengers.

Do have have the hump welded on the floor for shifter clearance ? . Would you be able to take a photo for me .

Xh and xg had a bench 5 speed option it was actually 2 buckets with a fixed center seat that also folded into an arm rest as well as a very short center console that was just big enough to mount the shift boot to

Here's some pics

In first gear

aa4ac518a40d18a99f7ef98d91e480d0.jpg

Second gear (this is the most annoying when you have a full ute of people)

47422f4593116a990e570ad5352cc527.jpg

And in neutral

2a8c1f8d25cf40c379e8c01f5687a5f2.jpg

Perfectly comfortable and spacious when you're in third and fifth. I've done 300km+ trips with two adults plus me before.

Nice , that's what I had hoped i could do , I'll have to get a hump for the shifter I'll unpick one from a ea if I must. <br /><br />I had planned on making a custom shifted that just goes staight up , and not layed back , so might give me another half inch gap between the seat in second.<br />

ive had custom seats done before for xk-xf in utes seds and wags for the conversion. it can be done and any interior place will do it for you, may cost a few mangoes but never the less, if its something that you need, youll pay. i wish i had all my photos but i the last one i got done was a XM surf wagon that we converted to ed 5L T5 but he wanted to keep the original interior (except dash gauges) so the bench seat had to stay. was a few years ago but point is, can be done!