Sign in to follow this  
uterus

leaking holly.

ok i recently bought an f100 and this holly carby leaks on the circle in pic when i switch from gas to petrol but i have no idea what it is or how to stop it leaking.

2014-10-11091037.jpg

Well thats a non adjustable float level plate I presume float levels must be to high for fuel to piss out of there id look to see weather there adjustable as I have never had a holley that hasn't been adjustable

It runs perfectly fine thats the weird part. Can I just seal up that top part with some glue? Just asking is all as I took the 4 bolts off had a look the float sits level and there are 2 screws either side on the ends im assuming they are the air mix screws as I screwed them right in and then I coudnt get car to start until I screw them back out to where they were and then it stopped leaking as much.

If float level is right you could just bang some araldite or something on it should be all good.. to set the air bleeds( two small screws either side of bowl I normally wind all the way in then two turns out both sides, as they should be the same then wind one side in until it stars to run rough or you notice change of tone then 1/8 a turn back out then count how far that is to all the way in say 1-3/4 turn then set otherside to the same as this, should be all good :)

Hope you can understand my shit dribble..

Cheers jake

If float level is right you could just bang some araldite or something on it should be all good.. to set the air bleeds( two small screws either side of bowl I normally wind all the way in then two turns out both sides, as they should be the same then wind one side in until it stars to run rough or you notice change of tone then 1/8 a turn back out then count how far that is to all the way in say 1-3/4 turn then set otherside to the same as this, should be all good :)

Hope you can understand my shit dribble..

Cheers jake

thanks jake thats very handy indeed  this is exactly why i love this car site :)