XHXR6

Think I found my issue! But....

G'day Everyone, Think I found the cause of my locking mechanism issues. If you look closely at the image you can see a bit of a fracture in this white plastic bush kind of thing. 

fJfhosll.jpg

This is where I'm stuck though, How do I remove the linkages for the exterior door handle and door lock barrel so I can take the locking mech out ? 

ZK77eiol.jpg

x2gJCR2.jpg

This is where I'm stuck though, How do I remove the linkages for the exterior door handle and door lock barrel so I can take the locking mech out ? 

ZK77eiol.jpg

The barrel is easy, just pull that 'slide spring' out (thats what im gona call it) 

I find if you push the barrel from the outside the slide spring will do just that, slide on out with a gentle pull.

That plastic white clip that connects to the rod, i think 'pops open' to and the rod will fall out?

Cortina used these i believe?

You mite have to lift the door handle so you can get a smidge more room in there.

Take note at how it all goes back togther. 

That plastic lever, is always what breaks in the E-series/XG/XH mechanisms.

I've kept my broken mechanisms, with the intention on one day repairing them for spares,

when good ones become thin on the ground. (which almost about now)

You have to undo all the rods, to get the mechanism out of the XH door.

Unclip the handle rod bracket.

The lock barrel rod also unclips to the side, with a little persuasion.

You'll have to undo the interior door handle though, to disconnect the rod for that one.

Then undo the three torx bolts for the mech itself, and it will come out, with a bit of maneuvering.

It's a bastard to do,I've done the drivers side door. All i can say is ..Patience young grasshopper..... If ya lose ya shit, you'll never get it out.

Make sure the rods feed into the holders from the same side they came out is my biggest tip, if not it's a PITA.

Jack.

Glad you worked it out mate, I got caught out with my brother's xg. He told me that the door handle was buggered and I said oh yeah give me ten mins and I'll have it sorted. Two hours later and I got it back together, it was actually a spring broken in the door lock mechanism so I thought I would rob one out of an old xe that I had. No, that didn't work so I had to go to the local wrecker and get one from an eb falcon to fit into it.