SZKsa347

ed xr8 dizzy and coil

Hi. Just a quick question. Whats a good dizzy and coil upgrade for an ed xr8? Nothing too expensive. If you have part numbers, that'll be great. Its pushing almost 200rwkw. Cheers.

Ironically, a rebuilt standard dizzy, is better than alot of the aftermarket crap.

If you want the MSD look, you can fit an MSD cap and lead set, on the original motorcraft dissy.

Standard should be fine for 200kw.

All the 're-graphing and tuning' is done with a Moates Quarterhorse, or J3 chip.

..........unless you're wanting to bling up the engine bay, with a polished billet body Distributor? ;)

Are you saying 200kw at flywheel or at the wheels? It already has a msd cap, rotor and j3. Im losing spark when its underload from standing start. Fails around 4500rpm.

Are you saying 200kw at flywheel or at the wheels? It already has a msd cap, rotor and j3. Im losing spark when its underload from standing start. Fails around 4500rpm.

Dodgy hall senser maybe? Is the TFI module still the original MotorCraft one?

Yes its the original unit. A couple of days ago it started and stalled after running for about 15 secs. Tried to fire it up again and nothing

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. Im in the RAA (SA's version of road side assistance, so i might push it out on the street and give them a call.

When i described the cut out at high revs. It was when im cruising along at, say 90, and i nail it. Itll drop to second, and will cut out at approx 4500rpm and start surging. Ive got fuel, as im running 29lb injectors and a walbro 255lph pump. Fuel filter is new

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. Im in the RAA (SA's version of road side assistance, so i might push it out on the street and give them a call.

When i described the cut out at high revs. It was when im cruising along at, say 90, and i nail it. Itll drop to second, and will cut out at approx 4500rpm and start surging. Ive got fuel, as im running 29lb injectors and a walbro 255lph pump. Fuel filter is new

ported gt40p heads, ported au lower/upper manifold (with 1 inch plenum spacer). 70mm EGR and TB, AU XR8 S3 MAF. BA 6 cyl injectors and J3 chipped.

going in for a dyno tune on the 20th Jan, for diagnostics as it doesn't run properly. Idle hunt and too rich.