Sign in to follow this  
SLO247

Steering wheels/boss kits-Interchangable from XD-E-F-G?

The title sums it up.

If I get an aftermarket wheel with boss kit from an XD, will it fit my XG?

I know XE-G is interchangable, when I look at the Saas boss kit catalog they list about half a dozen variations however.

Nope.  XD is different.   And some XG May in fact have a different column than XE XF.    XF Ghia (and possibly XE GHia) is also different than XE XF Standard.

But yeah - the XD is different

ea to ed steering wheels interchange ,but as stated above there is differences ,you could pull a steering wheel of an xe upwards or borrow one from someone to try

All columns from xp to ed use the same spline but some use different lengths of shaft xd is a shorter shaft than later falcons, but a later wheel ot boss kit can be used on xa-xd, providing you remove the spacer off the back of the steering wheel or boss kit going the other way is the reverse, you need to fit the spacer to the early wheel/ boss up still xh/ el they use a square shaft and the wheels are completely incompatible with earlier models

Presumably the differences are column vs floor shift

Don't think so, column vs floor makes no difference to length of column, wheel splines, or anything else that I could tell when I swapped from column manual to floor shift and ZL column.