78xcgxl

Picture of a XF T5 shifter

Hi all,

I'm running a EF T5 with the standard EF T5 gear shifter behind an AU engine in my XC and the problem is the shifter

does not sit perfectly centered in the console in the neutral position because of the  curve in the EF shiftier. Now since XCs and XFs both run single rails with the same shifter i was thinking that a XF T5 shifter will fix the problem. So does anyone have a picture of a XF T5 shifter or able to shed any light on this matter?

If you want it more to the drivers side, just mount the shifter lever on the other side of where it is now, Thats what they did in XG utes to bring the stick closer to the driver.

Other than that mate or one off another model, I have seen shift kits with an adjustable shift lever position, about 300 bucks from memory.

Jack.

hmm many thanks for the pictures, looks like i will run into the same problems as with the EL shifter, ideally i would need one that is straight but a XF shiftier does look like it would make an improvement, if i can source a cheap one, i'll test it out. I was thinking that when a i install a short shifter it will make it less noticeable. 

That could work actually, may give it a go. The shifter is center in terms of driver to passenger but sits too far back. When the it is in neutral it looks as if it is in 4th gear and when the shifter is in 3rd it looks as if it is in neutral ( if that makes any sense, if i remember, i'll take some pics of it tomorrow). Not that this effects the drive-ability i just don't like the look of it.