Campo

Door hinge kits?

So can anyone help me with the bolts on my ute door hinges, they are countersunk with a tork bit head and I've stripped the bottom 2 bolts on the passenger door as I tried to remove the door off the hinges. I tried to get vice grips on the inside of the door panel but couldn't loosen the bolts. Could I remove the inner mudguard plastic and undo both hinges from the pillar or is it possible to take off the circlips and bash the pins out to get the door off. The pins don't seem to be burred over, they have a slight taper on the end of them and a circlip holding them in place.

Pretty sure that from the factory the hinge pins are installed and burred over at the bottom. If you have the circlip, reckon they've been redone already.

Pop off the circlip and bash the pins up, they are TIGHT, as the top 5-6 mm have a spline that bites into the metal. Worst case scenario, cut the hinge in half with a grinder and off to the wreckers, you go.!

If the torx bolt head is shagged, drill the centre out, with a couple of drills, going up in size, until the head falls off.

Or place a nut on the Torx, put a blob of weld on the inside of the nut. and use a socket...

They might have been done before then coz there is definitely no burrs. I was considering cutting the hinge but I reckon welding a nut on the shagged bolt might be easier. As long as I have a hose at the ready

this has some info you might find handy http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39056-how-i-fix-cracked-doors-at-the-hinge-welder-not-needed/

when the door is off i drilled the head off the torx head bolt once, and with the tension off the hinge it undid with vice grips, could weld a bolt to it also?
i replaced it with non countersunk bolts and it held fine(old version door bolts i had from wrecks)

you might find removing the hinges off the A pillar easier, but you'll then need to re align the door which can be a pain.

So can anyone help me with the bolts on my ute door hinges, they are countersunk with a tork bit head and I've stripped the bottom 2 bolts on the passenger door

The pins don't seem to be burred over, they have a slight taper on the end of them and a circlip holding them in place.

XG's (and a few really late XF's), are the only ones which had torx screws on the hinges... (XH went back to the 13mm bolts like XD-XF.)

XG's and XH's, have removable hinge pin's from factory.

The XD-XF hinge pins had the peined over edge, unless they've been rebushed - using the later XG-XH hinge pins.

To avoid stripping the torx screws, remove the inner fender plastic shield, then use an impact driver/rattle gun with the correct torx bit in it.

That will loosen them, without damaging the screws.

Yeah my 91 xf has a few xg type things on it. I've already stripped 2 of the torx bolts so I might try to leave it all bolted up and remove the pins while I hold the door level. That's a handy tip of going through the inner guard anyway thanks mate

So I had a look at my hinges during my smoko break and someone has put new bushes in and hadn't knocked the pin properly into its location and that's where the play was coming from. I knocked them in properly and they barely drop. It wouldn't have done much good for the hinge bushes but it will be ok for now.