XFGHIA747

Cleveland dissy wiring in xf

Hey Fella's now im after the guru that can tell me how to wire my Clevo dissy and coil of the wiring from my efi 6 (xf), I have the coil ones word out I think there the same? But the plug from Clevo dissy where do I wire these ? Any help would be good thanks men!.

Jake.

Hey mate can you take a picture of where you got the power for the coil, and the colour code on em having trouble finding the ones I need

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Ok Rob so in saying that one of the wires in the original 6 plug the clips onto the efi dissy, I should be able to slit the loome back and only tap that one wire into the dissy wires, from memory will chack later but my dissy has 3 wires, only need to tho im presumimg negative to coil and ignition

Edit - well I have 2 wires and looking at it now all I need to do is simply put the to coil wires from the 6 straight onto the coil the plugs from the dissy are already on there anyway,

If someone could confirm it would be great!

One thing I hate is cooked wires from being on the wrong way..

Yeah that's them, can you tell me where they come out of the loom. My engine bay loom got chopped and changed before I got it

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

if your using the hei dissy ,the red is to pos , the black is neg coil,on the engine bay harness the red w green tracer is pos coil as well ,but if u use a point dissy u must fit a ballast resister, as itl melt the points ,tis goes on the positive side of the coil to lower the 12v feed to the coil and the dissy feeds from the other end of the resistor

Looking @ your plug as it goe's into the dizzy 1 is the top 6 the bottom...Number 4 is 12volts switched number 6 is ground.If you use them two wires from the old loom you should be sweet.I'd suggest a MSD box and a hall's effect dizzy conversion but I say it to everyone so had to stay on top of it :)

Here ya go to give you a slight idea its the first set of wires that come out of the loome from where it branchs of the body..

cheers mate, should help me out heaps... good luck with your conversion

Thanks Rev and Rob,

Thats got me all sorted managed to get the loome all split and everything not needed gone,

Next and hopefully final question.

The wires for the gear box the c4 has a different plug 4 wires, and the bw40 has 4,do I just match up the colors from each loome or witch way does it go, speedo plugs same as we all know but yeah stuck again,

When I did my v8 conversion I kept the trans loom from the bw35. Plugged in except for The end bit which pugs into the neutral safety switch which is a white pug which is a female plug I put male clips on the end of the 4 wires from the c4 trans & plugged them into the white plug which was off the bw then I bridged a wire to one of the wires on the c4 can't remember which one exactly but this fifth wire goes to the starter motor.