Sign in to follow this  
XFute-1JZsoarer

88 EA T5 Xmember the same as 88 XF T5 Xmember?

I just got back from our local wreckers, been avoiding them after they jacked the price up 3 times on some hoses I got from them a little while back (because he didn't realize how intricate the hose actually was... Damn euro cars!) .

Anywayz, they have a 88 EA Falcon wagon with a factory fitted T5 and it still has the crossmember in it, can anyone confirm if this will fit my 88 XF ute?

It's the right shape looking from under the side, but as the cars sitting on flat tyres, and I'm out bush so snakes are a bit of a concern, I couldn't see if the width was right.

Fella said I can take it for $44 so I'm hoping I've scored myself another little bargain.

Appreciate any info that anyone can give to shed a bit of light on the subject.

Thanks guys.

Jay

just because xg is basicly a revised xf. doesn't mean everythings going to fit
but most things will. still find it strange how ea fits and xg dont. but considering same engine and combinations. learn something new everyday.

just because xg is basicly a revised xf. doesn't mean everythings going to fit

but most things will.

Your spot on there bud, so many people on those damn Facebook pages will still argue black and blue that it's all a straight swap, and then throw on the "I've done heaps of these swaps" or "I've been doing them for years" lines...

9 times out of 10, the ones using those lines are using info (retyped word for word sometimes) I've seen on Facebook already, or off another forum.

So called keyboard experts... I'd bet they're responsible for many projects being given up on due to their shitty advice/info.

Thank f#€k for OzFalcon!