Sign in to follow this  
gromet88

One Hell of A Doosie!

does anyone know what is on the CRT LP curcuit?? Because thats where it lies really . Have checked door swtiches and wires, nothing shorting out on that, next ideas??

I think you really need to get hold of a factory manual. This seems like a very particular problem that doesn't happen often enough for others to know a solution for it.

Well ive been picking and poking at it, still not solved it. Now ive got it somewhat nailed down to somewhat the lights circuit (i think). The park lights stay on on the dash (not the rest of the car), but go off when you turn the headlight switch on (either park or lights), they go off but the park lights come on the car. Strange i know. so it seems theres something running backwards somewhere.

Ive tried changing the headlight switch, dash cluster, unplugging the headlights, still, no change.

argh!

(if it didnt run so well, do some nice (Nova's expression) skids and sound so damn nice, it'd prob be off to china by this point!)

This sort of weird shit starts happening with bad earth connections. Did you stuff around with any earths? Some modules have their own earth direct to the body via a small bolt.

Have you tried another BEM/BCM? I think they had them back then. I know the smartlock module was seperate to it in EB/ED.

Does it have the standard stereo or an aftermarket one? If its aftermarket I'd be checking the wiring and making sure its not grounded wrong or anything weird like that. The CRT LP circuit goes through the radio loom and can cause problems if theres any weird wiring happening.

As others have said,ctrl lp is the smartlock circuit,and also goes through the stereo.

I've had trouble starting them (ie smartlock wouldn't work) when I'd changed a stereo in one and not looped the smartlock wires back into themselves,It wasn't blowing fuses though.

From memory the smartlock wire on the back of the radio is green with a yellow trace,one will have power one wont,hook them together and it bypasses the stereo.

Hey guys, cheers for ideas but have changed the BCM, several times. Have reset and rest and reset. Also changed the green one next to it, no change. Will try the two wires together at back of stereo and see how that goes. Have joined two wires together at back of BCM as well, all no differ. i have checked all obvious earth connections, all secure. i have the manual, but doesnt tell me shit about everything on the circuit. im going to give it another short go this week then might be sending it off to auto elec next week, 

not yet, havent got to it this week. had to get it done before mid this month but between work and kids, and working out the back here, so lol, bought something else for the minute but will give this some more time hopefully this weekend. i think it might be another loom, whichcould be more hassle then i have time for at the moment so it might go back in the corner for a couple of months. sad but these things happen. 

bit of annoying really, seems to be something really simple but yet annoyingly finichy!