Sign in to follow this  
Justo

Need help with wiring XE dash into XF

hey everyone,

for the last couple days i've been chancing a haynes manual everywhere but can't find one :/

i have a xe s pack ute and a xf sedan was planning on fixing my ute up but found extreme amounts of rust through her

so i moved on to plan B fix the XF up it looks pre sweet with a sunroof, electric blue paint lowered on kingys no motor box or dash or front seats so i decided to take the dash and wiring loom out of the xe and put it in the xf so far so good headlights are wired up not sure if they work yet either  :unsure:

and most of the wiring done BUT thenit comes to the indicator/wiper switch high beam/low/beam i have 4 wires left over a grey a black and to clear silver ones??

also i've realised i have to get a switch to turn in my lights since the xe had a pull switch to turn the lights on and pull again and you have high beam i need to make that work on my steering wheel

i'll grab a switch of a eb to ef car tomorrow but yeah i need as much help as i can get

im not the best with wiring and multimeters and that shiz so yeahh keen to get this shit done  :D

zr07.jpg

my XF

j1b2.jpg

my XE so rusted and you can't even see it :(

yeah went awesome to use to be a old track car all new suspension leafsprings everything and all it had was a mild cam piston rings were gone use to drink so much oil but still use to fly never knew how fast i got her because as soon as the speedo hit 120 it stopped there but the car kept going

Can you just put the indicator stalks out of the ute into the xf? I've tried to put xf stalks into an xd before and never got it to work properly. the windscreen wipers and high beam wires must be different between the models... so if you can use the old stalks will save you alot of messing around.

i wish i could but the indicator where itconnected theres a little plastic thing snapped inside it

a real bitch.

so every time you put the blinker up or hit a bump the right side blinker comes on