Sign in to follow this  
jigga

Xd ute tailgate

They fit ok, as well as the originals do sometimes. Seeing as you have to paint it anyway, clean up the inside where the outer skin edges are pressed to the inner frame and put a few tack welds around the perimeter. That will stop the flex that they normally have.

At Ford they used to put a few spot welds around the perimeter to hold the skin to the frame to stop it "walking". The reproduction ones don't have those spot welds so you have to do it yourself.

i got a Chinese one shit mate get a original one and fix it before buying shit over seas one i can dent it in with my pinky finger inside and out with little effort!!

are you talking about  the ones from kingswood country, i was looking at them and wondered how they were, i rang rare spares and they wanted $385 for a skin only so for $130 they seemed like a better option although wreckers are charging $130 for 2nd hand of xf/xg but hard to find

Not sure if they also fit straight up, but ask about XH ones?

From what I've seen XHs seem to better looked after than XF and XG...

Watching people struggle to find a decent tailgate for Falcon utes makes me so glad mine had a straight one on it when I got it... Probably because it didn't have a towbar fitted.