EgoXF

opinions on these extractors?

personally, im not a big fan. Yes they're good for their price, maybe, but i feel like there are other better header designs out there. I'd prefer to pay a little bit more and have a better header design. Look into the Hurricane headers range, either HU133ST or HU252A

Any kind of headers are better than a stock manifold, and look like block huggers but as stated, there are better ones out there. They mention "designed and developed in Australia" meaning they're probably made in China.

second hand paceys - can't beat their pipe over cone design.  I actually cut up my genie's to make them pipe over cone when I extend the secondaries.  You would be surprised at the amount of material that cheaper headers have up in the collector area, but as has been pointed out - anything is better than that cast piece of shit from the factory. 

I've never understood the desire to feed you engine puke (egr).  It's just all wrong to me.  I know emissions rules yadda yadda but come on.  They let Leyland put a compressor on late model minis to pump oxygen into the exhaust gases so they could meet emission targets - I mean really how fair dinkum are they. 

how many efi cars are out there that have never replaced their cat convertors - even though they are a serviceable item.  some laws are just a joke. 

Most cars with variable cam timing don't need egr... It's programmed into the cam advance so there's leftover gases in the cylinder on light load/overrun conditions to slow down combustion and reduce NOx.