Sign in to follow this  
guerin92

351 Cleveland in a ZL fairlane 1985 carby

So the engine swap form includes an option for going from 6 to 8?

What was different on a ZK from 6 to 8 in regards to suspension and brakes? It already has discs at the rear.

Yep, sure does. As they came out the factory with them, its just a piece of paperwork, and bingo! regoed as a V8.

Springs

Yeah, thicker spring rod. I think it's 18mm dia, and 6 cyl is 16mm. Not sure, but, just go the local parts shop and buy Kings or Pedders.

Used to sell King Springs, and they are 15% firmer than standard, out the box. Just get the height you want. Low/Superlow/ STD etc...

Brake rotors are same for all. Shocks are your choice. Although if you get low, low springs, get shorter shocks.

Done this twice. The rest is fuel line, engine mounts, wiring etc.

go in to Rego and fill out an engine swap form. Just paperwork.

Id be interested if that was the case

I tried that first and was told no, engine capacity change was a regency job

Unless you know someone there?

Yeah, Ronny. As I said, done it twice. Just be patient and don't try to do all the changes at once. Changed my XB ute from 200 to 351, and an XD 250Xflow to 351. No Regency.

Vehicle details MUST match what Rego has on file, or no good. Original engine/chassis number/rego plate.....

Yeah, Ronny. As I said, done it twice. Just be patient and don't try to do all the changes at once. Changed my XB ute from 200 to 351, and an XD 250Xflow to 351. No Regency.

Vehicle details MUST match what Rego has on file, or no good. Original engine/chassis number/rego plate.....

Ok, so just scrub off the new v8 engine number and put the old 6cyl number on the v8?

Cant legally put a carbed v8 into a xf/zl. However you can go an efi engine. Cant go backwards - so to speak.

Ring DTEI for more info. Been there done that with my ZK