FORD_MAN

AFD 2V intake trouble

agreed, i also thought the port faces of the manifold looked thinner than norm on post #15

did you send photos of this to dave? if so what was his response? im curious to see what the go was here as for me i've always had fantastic customer service from him....

here's some comparison pics off the site. something definitely up with your intake bud.

afd_4v_intake%20_manifold.jpg

AFDmanifold3.JPG

afd_393engine.jpg

second 2 pics are on dart blocks. first one is a cleveland manifold.

suggest contacting dave and showing your pics bud. something is off. your port face and valley face is about half the thickness, aka the size of the gap.

just noticed something else, on the AFD ebay store, there is 2 types of cleveland 2v intakes, one to suit cast iron heads, one to suit the alloys?

perhaps there was a mistake?

on the AFD ebay store, there is 2 types of cleveland 2v intakes, one to suit cast iron heads, one to suit the alloys?

perhaps there was a mistake?

I'd say the one to suit their alloys has revised port placement (maybe higher?) and/or shape.

i'd agree with that 100% ^

just wonder if the face gap may be different as well. who knows, but all the areas look to thin, valley and port faces.... so it probably has been ground down.

Yeah I sent Dave the same pictures as I put up here, that was when he said about the pins in the head and the Felpro 1240 gaskets,

after that didn't fix the problem I started on making the spacers.

Back when I brought the manifold there wasn't anything in the listing saying for suit alloy heads or Cast Iron,

it's only resonantly that they added that to the listing.

This is defiantly the Alloy Head one. As the middle ports are out of alignment to the head.

I brought it through there Ebay shop, she'll be right it will do the job for now.

The ute will be running again 2moro. Just auto fluid, coolant and fill carb with fuel.

next engine will have alloys so I will re use it then,