Sign in to follow this  
ando76

rocker clearance etc.

Please forgive my ignorance as I am totally new to the world of clevo's - x flows are my thing.

Just wondering whether roller rockers fit under standard rocker covers?

If they do what is the maximum lift you can go to fit under the standard covers?

thanks

yes they do (at least with .525" lift they do) alot of aftermarket clevo rockers covers are actually shallower than the standard tin rocker covers

depends how big the cam is and which rocker arms (not covers... my bad)... generally they clear on mild cams, never had a big cam motor with standard covers so can't comment on that....

mate old f246 camed clevo had stock covers for a bit and they did not touch 7 1/6 studs on machined posts

i run a high 500 lift cam and 3/8 screw in studs with them guide plates  that fit in the stock groove and they also fit under stock covers as tall covers dont fit in my new corty 

cool thanks men.  might get a set of bolt on non-adjustables just for the hell of it. can't see me going to nuts on the lift but I like the idea of roller rockers better thank stock steel rockers.

Nah rob didn't.

thanks for the photo thom - nothing like a photo for a visual learner. 

well I just realised I have a full set of spare bolt on adjustables here, perhaps I might go flat tappet - oh no you know where that is going to end up..........