Sign in to follow this  
EgoXF

XH buckets into XF ute with a bench?

hey guys, i'm just looking at buying some buckets from a mate and i was just wondering if anybody has any advice because i doubt it will be a simple bolt in job.

Sometime in 88 XF switched to EA-D seat fitment, XH is EF/L Fitment.

Not a straight bolt in but if yours is a late ute it shouldn't be too far off. I'd be finding some EB/ED XR seats. EB1 seats with the dark trim would be a good match in an XF too.

I agree with the above ^^
You could also get BA XR seats and get the tread pattern and the XR redone in Envy green. Would look good IMO

You can with some. Apparently the AU Base and backrests bolts up to the EF/EL Rail/frame pretty well.

Anything will fit with a bit of mucking around anyway, but EA-ED should just bolt straight in if you have the floorpan.

My xf ute is a 1991 model and I've got a 1985 sedan i wrecked out. I tried putting the back rests onto the bench. Nothing fitted, everything is different. I'm not sure if you can just change the runners though.

If mcfly can fit BA XR seats in front and back of an XF sedan, you should be able to get XH seats to fit.

As said, late XF commercials changed to EA floorpan. And no, rails don't interchange between early XF seats and late XF. I learnt that.

Let is know how you go, as I want to put an XH bench into mine if I can find one.

she's a 91 so i would have the updated floorpan but i also think i only have four holes in the floor meaning i would need to make more to make them fit any way, and if i did that would i have to tap a thread into them to be able to use proper seat bolts, or could i just use a nut on the other side? 

yeah i'll have to have a better look under it. i'm going back to see the guy who i'm buying these parts off tommorow and i might be getting his carpet off him as well which means mine will have to come out and i'll plan it all then.