XF347

RRS Manual Steering Rack

Anyone used one of these kits yet? They claim its lighter than standard manual steering but I'm wondering how much lighter? I currently having power steering but as the car doesnt get driven a whole lot I wonder if its worth mucking around setting up P/S or just going a manual rack. Any info would be great.

Ye its 16:1 ratio. I have spoken to them there claim is that its easier to turn the wheel than the same ratio steering box. That is why i ask for people that may have one or have fitted or used one to let me know how much easier if at all.

For the price they want, I'd be looking elsewhere first. Revhead you say your rack is E-series, but in other posts I've read, the travel is insufficient to retain standard steering lock. Is that the case with yours? I'd like to find out that it's all good, as e-series bits are as easy to get as fish and chips.

Ive got both an EF and an AU rack here and was contemplating the conversion and heard the same gerg, so whats the story? Who knows what? I know Gareth has done all this homework and fitted an AU rack shortened probably for these reasons but hes fallen off the face of the planet so i cant get a hold of him to confirm or deny.

From what i have been told manual steering racks have a heavier steering effort than a steering box of the same ratio. In regards to using a el or au rack i don't think it will be a good idea,Holden camira steering racks are said to be the go. Be careful with retro fitting your own rack as you will mostly likely end up with a shit load of bump steer.